Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Gardasil
Previous  1  2  3  4

nchr

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:29 am
Chayalle wrote:
I think it's ludicrous for a doctor to say there is no risk for something just because he hasn't seen it.

It is also totally inappropriate for him to have said he has never seen it. He must have a very small practice, be lying and/or be unprofessional. Of course, this poster could have just made it up.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:29 am
I would also say that not all children are in safe situations and many are in danger of HPV, even at age 9 or even before. Doctors and parents really need to access the situation. If Mom has boyfriends that have access to the kids, those kids need protection.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:09 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I would also say that not all children are in safe situations and many are in danger of HPV, even at age 9 or even before. Doctors and parents really need to access the situation. If Mom has boyfriends that have access to the kids, those kids need protection.

protection as in being watched over perhaps rather?
na let's just vaccinate. all problems solved

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:15 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Nope, not true. I think the notions of "proven dangerous" and "proven safe" are ridiculous. It's hard to definitively prove things one way or the other. What you can do is gather evidence and make a risk-benefits analysis given the available data.

I'm actually extremely cautious with regard to medical procedures; cautious to a fault. I hear 1% risk of adverse effects and I want to run the other way. But 1 in a million (.0001%) risk for ginormous benefits? Count me in.

I've said this before: I'm a huge medical skeptic. And I base my skepticism not on "I heard", or "I read" on some ridiculous quack's website, or "I read" on some retracted article initially published by some predatory journal; but on high-quality articles based on well-designed studies and published in solid journals with good peer-review policies and high-impact factors. But regarding vaccines, I have a very high degree of confidence that the benefits hugely outweigh the risks.

how do I post a PDF? I would like to show you some high quality studies on Gardasil and get your opinion

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:23 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
protection as in being watched over perhaps rather?
na let's just vaccinate. all problems solved

What would your solution be? I once saw a 14 year old foster child who gave birth and the father of the baby was the son of the foster parents. Is there enough foster care available for all homeless children? Obviously molested kids need to be removed from the home but sometimes a child may be at risk but has not yet experienced abuse. Homeless children are frequently molested.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
What would your solution be? I once saw a 14 year old foster child who gave birth and the father of the baby was the son of the foster parents. Is there enough foster care available for all homeless children? Obviously molested kids need to be removed from the home but sometimes a child may be at risk but has not yet experienced abuse. Homeless children are frequently molested.

I once saw a person who crossed the road and was hit by a car

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:09 pm
southernbubby wrote:

whatever. it's risk versus risk in my opinion. after reading up on this specific vaccines you might agree

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:31 pm
For anyone considering HPV vaccine please read this study from a mainstream medical journal

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....9622/

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:37 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I once saw a person who crossed the road and was hit by a car

So what is your solution?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:11 pm
southernbubby wrote:
So what is your solution?

To do your best at what YOU believe will protect you the best and don’t go out and shriek at everyone else who believes differently.
Ultimately god runs his world the way he sees fit.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:47 pm
https://healthimpactnews.com/2.....xxnQM

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
To do your best at what YOU believe will protect you the best and don’t go out and shriek at everyone else who believes differently.
Ultimately god runs his world the way he sees fit.

So we are not allowed to present an opposing views? You are allowed to shriek yours but I am not allowed to shriek mine? Why do we need to be on here if you get to present your view but I don't get to present mine?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:47 pm
For anyone considering HPV vaccine please read this study from a mainstream medical journal

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....9622/

This is why I would err on the side of not giving it to frum people because they at least claim to endeavor to be monogamous. I think that the rest of the population benefits unless they develop side effects.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:06 pm
southernbubby wrote:
So we are not allowed to present an opposing views? You are allowed to shriek yours but I am not allowed to shriek mine? Why do we need to be on here if you get to present your view but I don't get to present mine?

Anti vaxxers didnt vaccinate for years. They didnt shriek or try to change anyone’s opinion until they were attacked and kicked out of schools and shuls.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:37 pm
Anti vaxxers didnt vaccinate for years. They didnt shriek or try to change anyone’s opinion until they were attacked and kicked out of schools and shuls.

And for years I agreed with free choice until their response to an outbreak that hospitalized numerous people was to rally and spread worthless propaganda and THEN they got thrown out of society.

They were part of schools and shuls for years and no one knew or cared about their immunity until it threatened everyone else's.

Then there was the embarrassment that this wasn't happening in some neglected ghetto population but ground zero for the outbreak was the frum community. Some people felt the need to prove that it was not due to being frum that some people didn't vaccinate so they put "proud to vaccinate" magnets on their car.

So being kicked out wasn't one sided.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:26 pm
https://www.healthnutnews.com/.....fore/

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:49 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
https://www.healthnutnews.com/olympic-medalist-dies-of-cervical-cancer-despite-being-vaccinated-for-hpv-years-before/

What it says in the CBS article is that the vaccine does not cover all strains of HPV but the article title misleads the reader to think that Gardasil caused the infection or that it doesn't really prevent HPV

ETA: this uses the word despite but the article says after.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics