Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Warm Home for 10 Year Old Boy to Board in Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:13 pm
My dear friend is going through a very messy divorce. One of her children, an adorable brilliant 10 year old boy, has been really affected by this (and so were some of the other children). There are no school options (with the services he needs) for this child where they live. She found him an amazing school that can cater to his needs in Flatbush. There he'll get the therapy and support he needs to be able to catch up and hopefully be mainstreamed into a regular cheder next year.

We're looking for a wonderful warm family where he can board during the week. She's willing to pay.

I'd appreciate any leads on where else we can advertise / look.

TIA.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:07 pm
10 is really young. Poor guy. I can't imagine a boarding situation unless a relative would take him in. What about a foster arrangement?

MadameX

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:40 pm
OP, please PM me if you want so that I can get more info. I may know of a family

amother
Green

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:44 pm
Don’t jump at this suggestion because it might be way off but is it a possibility to ask OHEL to step in and help to find a foster family?
Research this option before calling them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:55 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Don’t jump at this suggestion because it might be way off but is it a possibility to ask OHEL to step in and help to find a foster family?
Research this option before calling them.

We called Ohel. They only do forced removal in cases of abuse.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:57 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
10 is really young. Poor guy. I can't imagine a boarding situation unless a relative would take him in. What about a foster arrangement?

He is young but super mature. We are focusing on the positive side - be"h he'll get the help he needs and be able to return home and continue blossoming.

No close relatives living in Brooklyn.

How can we find a foster family?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:14 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I will forever be grateful to a family who took in my son for six months when he was overseas in Yeshiva and desperately needed tender loving care.

Nobody, from either mine nor my husband's side (even though, they are kind people) would have bee a good fit as the above mother and father figure. (My son always smiles when I mention the Mrs. name and I try to recreate some of foods that she cooked.)

I will forever be grateful to hashem for sending them my way!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries