Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What to give one year old in bottle
Previous  1  2  3

simba

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:32 pm
keym wrote:
Have you checked out the fat content in a bottle of formula?

Formula??? Who gives formula?? How can one afford formula on a kollel stipend? Anyways, for my baby it’s really only goat milk, directly from the goat. We keep it in the backyard and feed it only organic (yes, even the lollipops are organic). You should see how well my baby latches onto the goat. I would never put it in a plastic bottle, so terrible for the environment.

Seriously, you religious women are so 1990’s.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:28 am
I can’t beleive people are saying to give food before a drink!!
I get they’re hungry, but aren’t people alot thirstier when waking up?
My mouth is so dry I can’t picture eating a bread when waking up!!!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 12:39 am
simba wrote:
You’re a terrible mother. whiskey is high in carbs, you’re setting your child up for obesity and early childhood diabetes. Do you not care??

Then you’re going to wonder where that belly comes from. Shame shame shame.

Oh don’t be silly. Whiskey ISN’T high in carbs. No hard alcohol is as long as it isn’t sweetened. No worries there! Maybe try tequila though. The baby might like it better. Plus the lime is vitamin c and the salt is excellent for preventing hangover!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 2:03 am
I only breastfeed (because I’m lazy...). When they start solids I give them a straw cup with water. It would make sense that your baby won’t eat breakfast if he’s already pretty full from the bottle. Since the bottle IS his breakfast, give him formula. If you want him to eat real food, then give him a water bottle (in a sippy cup) then put him in his highchair with food.
Either way is fine, just make sure he’s starting the day with nutritious calories.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:40 am
Iymnok wrote:
I only breastfeed (because I’m lazy...). When they start solids I give them a straw cup with water. It would make sense that your baby won’t eat breakfast if he’s already pretty full from the bottle. Since the bottle IS his breakfast, give him formula. If you want him to eat real food, then give him a water bottle (in a sippy cup) then put him in his highchair with food.
Either way is fine, just make sure he’s starting the day with nutritious calories.

This. Was just coming to post s/t along these lines. My kids who drank milk bottles weren’t great eaters till we stopped it. But if he’s not a good eater when very hungry then definitely see he should get some calories in there. Perhaps kendamil or baby’s only may be a good option as there considered ‘healthier formula’. I think your child will lead the way by his taste buds... I’ve heard of people adding yogurt but not sure how that works out.
And I totally get you about kid needing that bottle first thing when he wakes up (not to mention that it gives mommy a couple of extra minutes to start her day while baby is calm)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics