Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Thank you Yossi and Ariel!

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 9:28 pm
It took almost a week but the new server is set up properly.
You only saw the hour or so of downtime but behind the scenes my husband Yossi and my brother Ariel have been working very hard on fixing glitches and setting things up to run smoothly.
One new glitch is that all hotmail, sympatico, and msn accounts do not recieve emails from us anymore. This is why we have requested that you change the email address for your account to a gmail, yahoo or other email address.
This seems to be a common glitch among many websites, and there doesnt seem to be a solution to it. My husband spent about 20 hrs doing research online and calling up ISP companies to figure out a solution.
But sadly, there is none. The reason this started now and not before is because we have a new IP address now, from the new server.
You should notice Imamother going faster, and being able to handle many more users oline at the same time without crashing.
So Thank you Yossi and Ariel!!!

Ariel is a fantastic computer programmer so if you need any work done you can contact me for his email address.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 9:48 pm
You should be able to request a whitelisting of your IP. Many email providers blacklist IPs they believe Spam is originating from.
Have you requested unblocking from PBL, XBL, and CBL?

What about from MSN yourself:
https://support.msn.com/eform......ormts

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx can help you answer the question above.
Ok, I did that. Your IP seems ok, and it looks like from my querying you are using the same IP for MX as for web. Am I correct?

Did you try requesting an unblock from the MSN link above?

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 9:50 pm
apparently in order to whitelist your IP it costs about $1000 per year.
not exactly something we can afford!
Juno had our new Ip on their blacklist (dont know why) but we requested to be taken off and now its fine.
its only hotmail that has this strange problem, (all microsoft email providers are from hotmail).

Last edited by Yael on Thu, Nov 29 2007, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

peace

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 9:53 pm
Thank you so much! Very Happy

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:05 pm
This will explain it all, for those interested:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2.....fire/

MahPitom

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:08 pm
Phew! That must’ve been some week for you, hatzlacha!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:14 pm
Yael wrote:
apparently in order to whitelist your IP it costs about $1000 per year.
not exactly something we can afford!
Juno had our new Ip on their blacklist (dont know why) but we requested to be taken off and now its fine.
its only hotmail that has this strange problem, (all microsoft email providers are from hotmail).

I have NEVER heard it costing money. Weird. Which whitelist is this exactly?
Juno is a big blocker. Comcast and earthlink also tend to block a lot so look out for that. Comcast is very easy to unblock.
Right, MSN and hotmail are all microsoft. I won't tell you my opinion on microsoft Wink
There is no way you can un-blacklist from Hotmail? This form looks like it might help.

roza

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:14 pm
Great job! It does run much faster. Before I had to 'block' all the ads, bec. it took so long for a page to load with all those images(at least for my computer). Now the page loads fast with all the images on.

Thank you guys! Thumbs Up

momluv

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:33 pm
Thank you so much. I appreciate, as well as all the other imamother fans, your hard work!! SmileSmile

Tehilla

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 10:36 pm
Salut a dank

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 11:39 pm
for all those of you concerned that you won't go to check your new email address and don't want to give up your current one, you can configure your gmail to arrive in your usual email account either by configuration or by automatic forwarding

yoyosma

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 11:52 am
I am writing this from outside of Imamother (I dont know if it will post) because I cant get in!!!
I seem to need an authorization name and password called 'access for allnuts' in order to get in.
I dont know what that is, I dont know if I am the only one getting this message.
Why is this happening?

yoyosma

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 11:53 am
Ok, that was really odd.
I tried to sign into Imamother all morning and couldnt. When I tried to reply to this message from "outside" of the board, (not signing in, trying to do it as a guest) my post was posted under my username.
Whats wrong???
When I try to open Imamother on another tab, I get a 401 error message saying authorization is required.

daisy

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 12:12 pm
I am having the same problem

Admin

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 1:01 pm
I'm sorry about that.

See the thread about it for the explanation.

Motek

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
for all those of you concerned that you won't go to check your new email address and don't want to give up your current one, you can configure your gmail to arrive in your usual email account either by configuration or by automatic forwarding

can you explain how?

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 10:34 am
thanks guys (and this time I mean guys - yossi and ariel) for the hard work we gals put you through Drunken Smile Drunken Smile ... all in the name of yenting (don't worry here it's a "halacha")
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics