Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Play-Doh - am I the only one who's like this?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 3:56 pm
I used to not let my kids mix colors, but one tisha bav I gave them a new package and let them do what they wanted. It kept them occupied for hours!!
A few kids later now, this is not something I care about! Very Happy

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 3:56 pm
I was just thinking about Play doh and if my daughter is still too young for it (16 months old) it has always been my kids favorite. I own lots of play doh brand toys to use along with it and they spent hours and hours playing. I hate the crumbly clean up afterward ,but for me it’s worth it.
As my kids got older I started making my own play dough and they enjoyed playing and using it like modeling clay even at age 10, 11.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 4:03 pm
rzab wrote:
I actually find play dough pretty easy to clean. Especially if you let it dry out. This horrified my mother, but if a lot of it falls on the floor, I wait until that night when everything dries out and then yuu can easily sweep it. If you try sweeping it right away it gets stuck in the broom and smooshed on the floor.

Regarding the op question, it took me years until it didn't bother me when they mixed colors, but I got there LOL
I want clear in my previous post. But. Exactly this.
Super easy clean up.
Also, don't evert wipe the table. Just let it dry and scrape it off with a dry paper towel. It'll come right off. Let fall to the floor. Once all pcs are off go over once more and only THEN wash it if there are pcs left the color will stain everthing. Including your hands.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:46 pm
Why are mothers comparing Playdo to slime? No Silly Putty or slime allowed here, but Playdo- sure! Name-brand, on table with plastic tablecloth, and if they mix the colors, they'll have mixed dough for next time.

Librarian

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:56 pm
Our Playdough somehow managed to find it's way into the carpet and grind itself down in. Never gave it a second chance Smile

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 10:42 pm
Get white play doh (model Magic) and give them one other color so if the colors are mixed its just a lighter shade
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics