Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you tried marijuana
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Have you ever tried marijuana
Yes love it  
 10%  [ 34 ]
Yes dislike  
 7%  [ 24 ]
No would never  
 66%  [ 206 ]
One my bucket list  
 9%  [ 28 ]
Other  
 5%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 310

avrahamama

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:50 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I voted "never," but reading the responses made me remember that it can help with nausea. If I ever got hyperemesis, I would probably try it.

Not sure it's good for baby

asmileaday

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 12:04 pm
I voted no never. Although never say never, but I have zero desire whatsoever. And I've been in plenty situations where I could have tried it.
No thank you.

potatoes

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 1:03 pm
I have tried Medical Marijuana (NEVER recreational) , and I don't like it!!! I hate the way it makes me feel..I only take it when im desperate and the pain levels are very high . I can only take it at night or if there is someone else to fill in taking care of the kids.
Not something I take daily or often.
I do keep it tho- for my very desperate times

Librarian

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:12 pm
I would like to try it once.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:15 pm
Your reaction can have a lot to do with the dosage, which many people aren't all that precise with.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:19 pm
I am chassidish and tried it once when my friend of a friend was smoking it.
I felt so naughty. But honestly there was no effect, maybe just placebo.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And please explain if need
Please vote!

Yes, years ago before I was frum. Love it, did it daily for a while!

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:24 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I am chassidish and tried it once when my friend of a friend was smoking it.
I felt so naughty. But honestly there was no effect, maybe just placebo.

I’ve heard that the first or second time u smoke it it has no effect.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:27 pm
I was once at a party where people were smoking pot. They were laughing at things that weren't funny.

That was a long time ago — marijuana is a lot stronger now. And it smells awful. I would never try it unless G-d forbid for medical reasons to reduce nausea.

All in all, I prefer to have better control over my brain.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 3:06 pm
If I needed it for medical reasons G-d forbid they would have to put it in little capsules for me to swallow. I don’t sniff, smoke or inhale chemical substances. Not even meds for nasal congestion.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 3:34 pm
I would never try it just because the thought of not being in full control over my body gives me anxiety. I wldnt want to see myself on drugs. The thought of the things that might come out of my mouth scares me.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those voting no would never- why ?

I’m very curious bec DH is begging me to try it with him.
First reaction- NO way! But he wants to know why?
Honestly, I don’t have an answer

I voted No, never will.
I’m just too afraid of being high. Fear of the unknown.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:06 pm
BT here. I've done it before and I like it. I much preferred to be around people who were stoned than drunk. Marijuana can be quite enjoyable in the right setting and the right dose for the right person. I work in the medical field and being in a state that has medical marijuana laws I have seen firsthand the tremendous benefits for those who need it. Doesn't help everyone of course but man when it helps it's pronounced benefit (cancer pain, digestive disorder pain, and coming to terms with terminal illness/improved QOL are the cases that come to mind). I am not a marijuana prescriber but I did some CME courses to learn more about it given my professional exposure. It was quite interesting to read about the endocannabinoid system in our bodies: we have receptors primarily in the nervous system and GI tract that compounds in marijuana bind to. It's just really interesting to think about that and how long humans have used it. The demonization of cannabis is very very recent in human history. I'm not saying everyone should use it. I'm saying I'm glad it's becoming more available for research to find out how it can help us. Also glad that CBD can be made from hemp without THC so that folks can get some benefits without the psychotropic effects.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 7:28 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Your reaction can have a lot to do with the dosage, which many people aren't all that precise with.

This exactly. I know I need a fraction of what everyone else around me would use. I'm very sensitive to everything in life and apparently mj is no different. If I take too much I'll bug out.

Zaq you can eat it not smoke it. I once had spiked hamantashen without realizing it. My hosts thought everyone knew.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 11:51 am
Yes, I've tried it and no, I don't mind it. My husband is very into it. He vapes, smokes a bowl (not cigarettes). He takes so little at a time, but says it helps his concentration levels, and I see it improves his productivity. He is a bit geeky and know exactly how much to take/what the different types are called and what types is good for him. He can tell you verbatim every study on it. He never gets stoned.

It is great for certain situations. I once had a tooth pulled and that helped a lot. However, I also ate a cracker and had a really bad reaction - paranoia, vomiting, heart racing. It was bad.

I occasionally vape with hubby or take some drops (if in pain), but don't have much of a reaction to it. It's nice to chill with and very different than wine (and I love wine).

Most of you people who are against it have not had much exposure to it.

Gulabi

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 2:14 pm
You can get kosher cbd gum

blessedjmom

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 3:02 pm
I would love to try a bit once.
Bf, so have to wait until I'm either not bf or pregnant.
Remind me then Wink

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 5:44 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Not sure it's good for baby

Neither is hyperemesis.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 5:59 pm
cnc wrote:
It’s all over the place and very easy to find.

Unless it’s legal in your state or you have a prescription for medical marijuana how is it so easy to find? Are there a lot drug dealers in some communities? I would have no idea where to find it.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 6:03 pm
I tried it a couple of times and hated it everytime. It really slows you down and ruins your capacity to think clearly and get anything done.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics