Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Active Shooter in Jersey City
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

egam

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:52 am
koalamum wrote:
I’m not a mathematician but: 6 were killed. 1 police, 2 frum yidden in the store, the 2 shooters. That equals 5.
Who was the 3rd civilian?

And why almost every news outlet is calling victims bystanders? It looks like they were intended target.

koalamum

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:08 pm
Fabulous wrote:
a non jewish worker in the store.

I imagined that but now it’s confirmed. In the meantime I found his name.
Miguel Jason Rodrigez.
A senseless murder as well.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:11 pm
The people shot were not the intended target. The store was the target and whoever nebach happened to be there then.

egam

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:20 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
The people shot were not the intended target. The store was the target and whoever nebach happened to be there then.

Disagree. The store was targeted because it was a Jewish store, so as the patrons and workers of the store. The other Jewish guy that was wounded, also was shot for being visibly Jewish.
When you target the store, you target anyone inside it as well.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:30 pm
egam wrote:
Disagree. The store was targeted because it was a Jewish store, so as the patrons and workers of the store. The other Jewish guy that was wounded, also was shot for being visibly Jewish.
I guess for having done the crime of 'being' in a jewish store.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:43 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1......html

Quote:
Jersey City Shooting: Suspect Linked to Black Hebrew Israelite Group
The Black Hebrew Israelites have been labeled a hate group. The suspect wrote anti-Semitic and anti-police posts, an official said.

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:57 pm
egam wrote:

A murderer will kill anyone that gets in his way of killing. I don't think there is time for reasoning.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:42 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5.....msubw

soap suds

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:49 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B58NiFInOPd/?igshid=5pcedy9msubw

Horrific! You can see a young boy running in the direction of the store - presumably heading to cheder - just as the gunmen pull up. He was standing just a couple a feet away of the shooters before he turned and ran!! B"H he got away safely, but the poor child must be traumatized!

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:01 pm
soap suds wrote:
Horrific! You can see a young boy running in the direction of the store - presumably heading to cheder - just as the gunmen pull up. He was standing just a couple a feet away of the shooters before he turned and ran!! B"H he got away safely, but the poor child must be traumatized!

What’s crazy is that you see how it’s a targeted attack. The shooters ignored all bystanders in the street .

Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:02 pm
soap suds wrote:

Thankfully he had the presence of mind to flee.
As per the very first voice notes going around from the guy that was able to flee the shop literally 2 seconds after the gunmen entered (see video), he mentions finding a boy on the street and taking him to safety. He also kept reiterating way before the police/mayor stated that the target was intentional, that these guys came to KILL. He saw the face of the gunman and was an inch away from the rifle and said this was no mere robbery. They planned to kill. Hashem inscribed him in the book of life cuz his escape is simply miraculous.

chillax

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:27 pm
koalamum wrote:
I imagined that but now it’s confirmed. In the meantime I found his name.
Miguel Jason Rodrigez.
A senseless murder as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....SHpmg

This article says Miguel Douglas, 49..

Marathon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:50 pm
Can we all give something and make a kiddush Hashem?
https://thechesedfund.com/chev.....ehero

ny21

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 9:01 am
On channel 7 news
They said the police officer who was shot dead will have his mortgage paid off

Marathon

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 9:30 am
ny21 wrote:
On channel 7 news
They said the police officer who was shot dead will have his mortgage paid off

Theres also a non jewish gofundme that raised $380,000 for the officer

nchr

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 10:43 am
We should also be giving money to Miguel the worker who saved a Jewish man's life and who was financially helping his family here and in Ecuador. Anyone know how?

We should also give business to Douglas Harmon who is a licensed contractor in NJ who offered to help clean up the store for free.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 10:57 am
soap suds wrote:

I didn't realize this till you pointed it out. Now I can't get this out of my mind. Oh gosh!
I know it's selfish but I keep picturing my own boys and it's crazy.
Innocent little boy rushing to cheder probably concerned that he's late. And then to witness this in his face!
I'm so curious how the guy that ran out seconds after the shooters entered managed to get out. I know it's bashert but logically how was he able to leave unnoticed?
Scary. Moshiach now.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:11 am
He pushed away the gun barrel pointed at him and ran out. It was nothing short of a miracle..
In an interview he said they were shooting after him and that’s why he ran zig zag

cnc

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:25 am
asmileaday wrote:
I didn't realize this till you pointed it out. Now I can't get this out of my mind. Oh gosh!
I know it's selfish but I keep picturing my own boys and it's crazy.
Innocent little boy rushing to cheder probably concerned that he's late. And then to witness this in his face!
I'm so curious how the guy that ran out seconds after the shooters entered managed to get out. I know it's bashert but logically how was he able to leave unnoticed?
Scary. Moshiach now.

He wasn’t unnoticed. He pushed the shooter and ran .

asmileaday

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:35 am
Wow crazy!
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics