Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Being happy with my weight

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:01 am
I've been on a low carb diet for 8 months. My goal was to lose 50 lbs. I lost the first 25 lb quickly but weight loss has stalled from that point. I need to lose another 25 to be a normal rather than overweight BMI.

I probably could lose more weight by exercising more or restricting calories more but progress is so slow and so easily erased.

I think I may have just reached my body's set point and this is where I'm meant to be.

I never want to go back to eating the way I use to and downing huge plates of carbs. I will need to stay on low carb for life because of all the risk factors I have for Type II diabetes. I've seen what it does to family members and I don't want to go through that.

Still, I want some tips for coping emotionally with not being able to lose the rest of the weight even with my best efforts.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:47 am
25 pound weight loss is great!
If you stick with what you did to loose it, you will probably loose a bit more eventually and certainly not gain!
How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:52 am
I am 5.2. I started out at 185 and I'm now stuck at 160 for the past 4 months. It might go up or down 2-3 pounds in either direction but it stays in the neighborhood of 160.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:55 am
I’m going to tell you that while I’ve lost almost a hundred doing what you’re doing and have the same risks of type2 d. I am still a hundred or maybe eighty pounds overweight. I don’t know if I will ever lose it or not but I’m so grateful to be maintaining and losing slowly. I saw a video by Jason Fung the other night reminding ppl that hoe long you’ve been overweight makes a difference.

Meantime, I feel more amazing at this weight thsn I ever did at 80 pounds less so I can live like this. It’s not hard to stay on track because I hear from others who don’t that it ducks. I don’t need more proof when added to my own 45 years of eating disorder. Also you do get smaller even if the scale doesn’t change. And not getting diabetes is EVERYTHING

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am 5.2. I started out at 185 and I'm now stuck at 160 for the past 4 months. It might go up or down 2-3 pounds in either direction but it stays in the neighborhood of 160.

Maintaining a loss is a win no matter how you look at it

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:08 pm
Continue eating nutrient dense whole foods and not processed, chemical laden, or sugary foods. Eat when hungry, stop when full. Alternate cardio and gentle movement every other day. Practice self care and self love. Stop weighing yourself. Whatever happens is how you are meant to be.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:20 pm
Intermittent fasting can help. I went from Paleo low carb to Keto which is stricter and that helped. I also am trying to lose more (50 or so as I gained some back) but I won't ever go back to eating whatever I want. I have kept away diabetes for 8 years this way even though I wasn't losing weight the whole time. I am much better on keto as my blood sugar levels remain steady. Even on Paleo, I'd be hypoglycemic so I had no choice but to be stricter.

So, it depends on HOW low carb you are. 20 grams a day net carbs is much different for me than 50 carbs. Right now, I've been going over 20 but still keeping it lower than I used to. I'm staying around the same weight but I've lost lots of inches and my clothes fit me so much better.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:31 pm
OP, I wondered if I wrote this. I've been giving myself the Andrea Levy pep talk, a few times a day. Hatzlacha!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:38 pm
It takes some deprogramming to stop thinking that your weight defines you.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:28 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
OP, I wondered if I wrote this. I've been giving myself the Andrea Levy pep talk, a few times a day. Hatzlacha!

Omg! I love that this exists!!! You can reach out any time! I’m happy to support fellow travellers!

honeymoon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:36 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Omg! I love that this exists!!! You can reach out any time! I’m happy to support fellow travellers!

I'm b''h not overweight just a couple more pounds than I'd like to be, and your positive attitude always inspires me too. So yes, Andrea Levy chizuk is a thing. Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:18 am
honeymoon wrote:
I'm b''h not overweight just a couple more pounds than I'd like to be, and your positive attitude always inspires me too. So yes, Andrea Levy chizuk is a thing. Smile

Wow! I am so truly honoured! You know where I came from! It’s huge that Andrea Levy chizuk is a thing! I am filled with gratitude that my sharing ( oversharing, even) is helpful to you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise