Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Good dairy donuts
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:15 pm
There’s a video of the $14 donuts going around, with all the toppings and sauces and creams it fills up a medium size salad box. Looks like you get your money’s worth and it’s no way for one person.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:23 pm
I think it's a little sad that people are defensive about splurging on a fancy dessert.

Whether it's $8 for the ready made or $14 for the custom one, this is clearly a special dessert which would cost this much on a regular restaurant menu.

Calling it a "dairy donut" is a bit of a misnomer though although I suspect it's a term that is known to people living in Lakewood just as chicken bottoms is only a term I have seen on imamother.

I have watched a few episodes of a show called Carnival Eats which is about zany over the top stuff served at carnivals and fairs. Some of the desserts they show remind me of these donuts. There is one that is called a Churro Banana Split which essentially takes two churros and uses them instead of bananas and then builds a huge concoction with ice cream, fudge, whipped cream, nuts and caramel Very Happy

For those who are unfamiliar a churro is essentially a Mexican donut or maybe closer to a cruller. It is shaped like a hot dog. From what I've observed the dough is created using boiling water which creates the distinctive interior. It is then tossed in cinnamon sugar. But just like "donuts" have evolved into creative fancy desserts, churros can also be used as the base for those who want to build on them.

watergirl

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:28 pm
I’m so sad that you worried about criticism. I hope you enjoyed your splurge!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries