Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Sleepover guests - am I selfish...
Previous  1  2

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 7:09 pm
lol, I noticed that after I wrote it but was far too lazy to write avrohom avinu

Tiferet

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 7:26 pm
my husband once told me that it is actually written somewhere that women don't like having guests because they would rather just spend time with their husband :-)

livalittle

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 11:24 pm
glad to know I'm not alone, he ended up staying and we didn't end up having the time I planned on spending; he ended up coming with us even when we went out although I encouraged him to take our second car and scout out and go shopping, he came along with us. I was really angry for a couple of minutes, to be honest, just bec I put my foot down in a nice way and no one took it seriously. (An he's not far so he comes often enough)And I guess if it would've been my sister it wuld've been diff., she would've helped me, I wouldn't have to be 100 percent careful abt tznius in house (walking inbathrobe in morn, wearing shaitel...) and she knows how to get out on her own.
I feel bad that I had those feelings; and I have been a guest as well, but try to never overstay my welcome and give the fam as much privacy as possible. I should really take an example to the ppl who have hosted us throughout the years. I guess I have my area on what to work on, and I guess if it's hard, it just makes the mitzvah more valuable. I guess I'll do teshuva next time he comes and be a bit more gracious Smile.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 11:43 pm
amother what an amazing story, B"H! wow. OP you sound like you handled a not-so-easy situation with grace. Smile

amother

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 11:52 pm
OP, it is so nice to hear that you are so careful with being tznius. It truly brought joy to my heart reading your post. May Hashem bless you b'goshmius and b'ruchnius and may you be an example to all b'nos yisrael!
(And I know exactly how you feel)

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 2:03 am
Op Kol Hakovod Very Happy . U could though 4 next time set certain rules 2 b followed Exclamation
(even Avraham Oveinu had rules 4 his guests Wink)

Hatzlacha Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics