Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know anyone Jewish who had an Near Death Experience?
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I had an out of body experience when I was intubated & under general anesthesia for a minor procedure. I did see doctors working on me for a min. I was hovering. Had like this dream of flying up/down. lightness/darkness.
Entering long dark hallway with light at end of tunnel, knowing that is gan eden. I asked that I want to see what gan Eden looks like. I was led by two of my deceased relatives at the side towards that entrance. When I got there, my deceased grandfather blocked the way & sent me back, saying I don't belong there yet. All of a sudden I flew back, that is when I saw myself on the table & woke up shortly after that from the procedure.

I know people don't believe me so I will stay anon not to be ridiculed.

My gmom also had such a type of story when she was very sick & totally out for a long while but came back. She said she met her deceased father while out but was embarrased to meet him because she didn't have a name for a great grandchild after him yet.

Wow... I’m asking this out of curiosity and not chv mockery... what did you relatives look like? Same as when they died? Younger? I always thought of ppl in the next work as “souls”. Kind of like flying hearts...

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:16 pm
My bils father had that. While he was having surgery. When he woke up he mentioned stuff that happened that the dr was sure he didn't know about.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:18 pm
No. Everytime I've heard someone supposedly having one, they were religious Christians with some kind of message.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I personally know someone that had one. There’s a common thread from people that have had these experiences. There’s an interesting book by a neurologist who laughed at his patients that reported these experiences then he had it.

If you google about the neurologist, he had lost his license to practice shortly before having this NDE. There were many inconsistencies in his story. He was someone with a troubled past and the likelihood of his very well written book being true is not that great...

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:37 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Amother ginger, are you now less scared to die? (Of course when the time comes, not till 120)?

I remember feeling a very calm feeling (can't explain the type of calm) & couldn't understand why doctors are working on me, I felt zero pain.
The light was not a regular natural light, it was a radiating glow, that I automatically knew is Gan Eden.
I didn't realize right away that it was an out of body experience I thought it was like a dream but later when I read accounts of out of body experiences, I realized I had exact same experience, the flying up & down/ the light the darkness, the flying back etc...

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:48 am
I saw them like irl, but usually when it's real like in a dream that they come down for real, face is distorted, in & out of sight, a radiance glowing from face but somehow you know it's this person.

b.chadash

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 1:28 am
There was a book published by CIS many years ago, The View From Above, (Rachel Noam) about a girl who was hit on the head by a fallen beam from a construction site. She describes her NDE. That was the first time I heard about it.
I recently heard it mentioned in a lecture by a Rav who researched this subject. He said that the Near death experience is a phenomenon that has been documented across all cultures, every religion and in every part of the world, for many years. While every person who has gone through it experiences it slightly differently, there were many commonalities, too many to make it a coincidence, and also they were shared by people who had never heard of this concept before. There were something like 8 common details that were said over across the board, such as the idea of floating above the body for a certain amount of time and witnessing what was happening from that angle, going through a long dark tunnel and seeing an incredible otherworldly light, longing to stay there, and meeting up with deceased relatives.
There are also stories where people are told certain details by deceased people, and when they come back to consciousness and relate what happened, they are able to verify those details that he otherwise could never have known.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 6:14 am
I know three people who had NDE. One told me she was in a coma at the time, she floated up, saw a light and got to the end of it and her grandfather sent her back and told her she needed to start keeping shabbat again now go get a 2nd chance. She woke up, the doctors said she almost died and asked if she saw anything. She started keeping shabbat again after that, became a rebetzin and had 10 kids.

The 2nd had a similar story, except he was declared brain dead. Also saw a light moved to it, got there and was told he had to go back, he didn't want to go back. When he woke up he became frum.

The 3rd is a rebetzin I know also and she has a different story. She was already frum and a rebetzin and it was pesach and she went to sleep and felt herself leaving her body and she said she never felt so much peace in her life and she desperately didn't want to come back and was fighting to go towards the light because she said it was such incredible bliss. she was told it's not her time yet and woke up gasping like she hadn't been breathing and she said to this day (it's been about 5 years) she yearns for that feeling again.

I thought it was very interesting!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:09 am
was going to say alon anava, my mom keeps watching the video

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:30 am
DH's childhood neighbor - secular Israeli guy, had an NDE in his sixties (or close to that age) when having a stroke. He experienced everything that's common to typical NDE experiences.
Funny thing is, he's the last person in the world you'd expect to admit to such a thing - a lawyer. Analytical. Not one to make things up. He barely spoke about the experience (DH heard about it from the guy's son who still stays in touch) and he didn't become religious as a result.

mandksima

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 2:58 pm
I've had two friends tell me about their experiences. They were declared dead but came back. I would have to ask them to remember more details but one saw her mother crying next to her when the doctor told her that her daughter died and she heard the doctors talking about the details of her surgery which she spoke to them after about and they were surprised. '

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 3:45 pm
I don't know anyone personally who's had one. As a young child, I had a minor procedure done, during which I was under general anesthesia. I vividly remember (a segment of) the dream I had before I woke up, and it was nothing similar to a NDE. It was, though, very obviously related to a toy I was given prior to the procedure.

I wouldn't personally discredit someone's NDE, but I do think some people are very suggestable. So with the stress of a trauma or procedure, I could see the subconscious incorporating people/themes that they wouldn't typically have in their dreams.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:40 pm
Thank you so much for mentioning Rachel Noam and her book The View from Above. I was able to get it and it is so inspiring! I am really enjoying it. Id never heard of her -- so thanks again for the tip!

May we merit to see the Geulah Shleimah now with open and revealed good.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics