Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lido Beach

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 11:27 pm
Does anyone know anything about the community in lido beach? How far is it from far rockaway and the five towns? What kind of people live there? Is it a more 5Towns type of community, or is it more of a “not NY” type community? What are the bodies and properties like?

ellacoe

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:28 am
It is a twenty minute ride to FR and 5Towns. However it is nothing like a 5T community. As there are not many hair coverers etc. There is a new rabbi there who is more machmer than the previous rabbis, but I don't think the community is necessarily on board. There is only one Synagogue there. I don't know the age makeup there now year round. It has a vibrant summer community but I not sure how busy it is in the summer. Long Beach which is the town before it has more shuls and a more diverse community.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 12:42 am
ellacoe wrote:
It is a twenty minute ride to FR and 5Towns. However it is nothing like a 5T community. As there are not many hair coverers etc. There is a new rabbi there who is more machmer than the previous rabbis, but I don't think the community is necessarily on board. There is only one Synagogue there. I don't know the age makeup there now year round. It has a vibrant summer community but I not sure how busy it is in the summer. Long Beach which is the town before it has more shuls and a more diverse community.

Thanks!! Are most people sending their kids to far Rockaway of 5Towns schools?

ellacoe

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:01 am
I think to HALB, HAFTR etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating