Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Some people are just so dumb
Previous  1  2

Zehava

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I think most of those letters are made up by the magazines to purposefully stir up controversy to get people talking about it so non readers will start to buy. (Especially if it is the magazine I'm thinking of. I know it's not mishpacha because I have a subscription and read it weekly. The others I read only on occasion, but there is one that pretty obviously puts in made up sensationalistic stories and columns. Actually I used to have a subscription but didn't renew it when it ran out. Specifically because of this type of style and faked articles.)
So I wouldn't get too invested emotionally.

You might have a point. If only I wouldn’t know people like that irl. Or see similar posts on ima. At least here people can respond.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:13 pm
Sure, they have their ear to the ground to find out the topics that are current and controversial so they know it's an attention grabber.
A lot of times, right after there was a heated discussion here or on fb I would notice a story or column about that issue....
They do want responses, they want to elicit letters to the editor, lol.
Like I said that is why I chose not to renew my subscription....

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
What about the woman whose husband blocked a homeowners driveway? The homeowner called them in the middle of the night to move the car cause he couldnt get in/out. She was complaining how rude he was but couldnt see that her dh did wrong in parking there to begin with.

Oh boy, I've been on the other side of that. The landlady screaming at me wanting to know why I am still parking there when she had told me many times before. What an I supposed to say? My husband didn't see anything wrong with how he was parking, because he said he was leaving them enough space. The landlady saw us as a unit, but in this instance we absolutely weren't and it really angered me to be dumped on for his parking habits.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics