Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Rash in my daughter's fat cracks

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 7:05 am
my daughter is, boruch Hashem, very fat. and she has these red 'rashes' in a lot of her fat cracks, esp on her legs. its like the skin is a bit rubbed away where the fat rolls rub against eachother. I don't think they hurt her. is this normal? what can I do about it?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 7:08 am
People will tell you powder, but it's not so great for the lungs...you can apply corn starch that's on a cotton ball, or a lotion..
ask her doc!

MommyEsty

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 7:25 am
my baby got that in his neck. it was bleeding as well at one point, he didnt seem too disturbed by it though.
I used sudocrem.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 7:27 am
sudocrem- what is the name of the cream itself?

mamacita

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:14 am
I would recommend going to the Dr if it looks bad. If it is a yeast infection, which is what my daughter had between her rolls all over, then adding any powder will feed the infection instead of making it better! The bacteria literally eat cornstarch! The Dr gave us a cortizone cream to apply and it went away very quickly, but it would pop up periodically (hard to clean & dry that under chin roll!) and the cream was a lifesaver!

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:22 am
Two of my kids have/had that.

1) Dry between all the folds very well after a bath before dressing.

2) The dr gave me cortizone cream plus antifungal to put on and it disappears.

It itches them a lot and can get very bad.

I suspect my kids have some kind of allergy, the baby I think I figured it out, my 2 yr old I don't know, but he barely gets it anymore.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:27 am
My son was never a fat baby, but he did get that awful rash under his neck. It was almost like the skin was rotting, because it was always wet under there I guess. After I tried all the suggestions from my doctor, even prescription creams from the dermatologist, what worked best in the end was Desitin. In a couple days he was like a new baby.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:50 am
My son, who has always been really thin, still used to get those cracks in his thighs. They'd get kind of raw looking. What I did was gently wash them during his bath, and then apply Aquaphor after. Eventually, they went away.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 9:59 am
yup desitin - they even have baby powder with desitin ...

make sure to let water in the crevices to clean area well ...

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:05 am
PinkandYellow wrote:

Sudocrem is an English brand name for the greasy white cream that is good to use when your babies have nappy rash. Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't know what it's called anywhere else!

mammala120

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:17 am
use calendula cream.....the one I use is from California Baby*(877)576-2825. it is indeed expensive, but works. everyones body reacts differently to different treatments and creams...see what works for your baby. if it does not heal from doing treatments on outside, then most likely it is a problem from inside like allergies...something she is eating or even detergent or shampoo products being used around her.....do some investigation.

yoyosma

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:24 am
Quote:
1) Dry between all the folds very well after a bath before dressing.

This is vital!!!

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:27 am
And when it gets really bad, it starts to stink too. My second had me completely confused why he would smell so bad right after his bath. Then I noticed how red it was under his neck. He must have been so uncomfortable.Sad

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 10:29 am
mummy-bh wrote:
PinkandYellow wrote:

Sudocrem is an English brand name for the greasy white cream that is good to use when your babies have nappy rash. Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't know what it's called anywhere else!

Sounds about the same as Desitin.

MommyEsty

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 11:54 am
PinkandYellow wrote:

thats what its called.
maybe they dont have it in us

zz

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 12:25 pm
My daughter had it in her armpits, it looked as if it was raw flesh... Her doctor sent me straight away to a skin doctor and it got cured very quickly. Don't hesitate on consulting, it can save you and your baby some unnecessary hard days!

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 12:26 pm
so it sounds like making sure she is dried well after a bath and maybe also some diaper rash cream? I'll try it. thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics