Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Kids from large families who are changing the world
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:54 am
lilies wrote:
I know of someone with a large family. She raised her kids calmly and happily. Large family does not equal dysfunctional. Large family does not mean less income.

I think the size of family isnt as important as the age gaps. Having a large family with small age gaps is chaos and doesnt usually end well.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:58 am
You don't need to do something big and splashy to change the world. Imo.

banana123

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 3:39 pm
yc wrote:
I don't remember the exact details but the rebbe of zvhill was the youngest of 19 (?)

Doubt it. 12 shvatim (and 4 wives, who are probably the reason those 12 shvatim were even possible) aside, out of every 10 births, 1 woman died, and about half of all children died before they reached adulthood. Plus nutrition was poor so babies nursed longer and women remained infertile for more time after each child.

A family of 19 is still incredibly large by today's standards. Back then, it would've been unthinkably enormous. If you find a credible source, please share, but until then this sounds like bubbemaises.

Amalia

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 5:02 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It's not easy to juggle large families in fiction.

If it’s not easy to juggle a large fiction, then how much harder it is to juggle a large in real life!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 5:17 pm
Do the math. If you have a family of 15+ at least one then will be a big teacher, rabbi, therapist, coach, philanthropist, business owner or askan or chaveirim member ect.

In my family alone (big but under 10 kids) three of us are well known in the community because of a train mentioned above and done sublings still didn’t graduate school yet.....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational