Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
When do you charge your phone?
Previous  1  2

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 3:51 pm
OP. How is your phone settings?

There are tricks to preserving a battery life. For example my phone is in perpetual night mode as well as in dark theme therefore it conserves battery by not needing to project everything so brightly (and it's better for your eyes without the blue light)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:41 pm
zaq wrote:
It’s frustrating when an OP asks for advice, gets responses and proceeds to shoot them all down with a storehouse of reasons why she “can’t “ follow any of the recommendations. It’s usually a matter of “doesn’t want to,” not “can’t”. Sorry. I tend to get sarcastic when an OP digs in her heels in that way.

Instead of saying you “can’t because”, why not say, as some do, “thanks for the ideas, keep them coming”? That gives the impression that you’re actually listening and planning to consider each suggestion, not reflexively rejecting them without even thinking.

Whoa, where did you see me do this??

The only suggestion I said did not work for me was this:

zaq wrote:
Why can’t you plug it in when you get home from work and unplug it when it’s full?

I end up browsing on my phone to unwind at night, so this doesn't help me for the next day. As I thought I nicely explained. You telling me to use my phone less is both not helpful and insulting.

I think you are taking your general imamother frustrations out on me.

I have been listening to the rest of the suggestions. Thanks - keep them coming! I will try to figure out what works best for me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:45 pm
singleagain wrote:
OP. How is your phone settings?

There are tricks to preserving a battery life. For example my phone is in perpetual night mode as well as in dark theme therefore it conserves battery by not needing to project everything so brightly (and it's better for your eyes without the blue light)

I do often lower the brightness. What else helps preserve battery?

Thankfully this new phone is lasting much longer than my old one, which died pretty quickly.

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:50 pm
I have put my phone on night mode. That reduces the blue light and I do think that it helps the battery.

I also can have a wellness thing which goes to check and white. Maybe up can set that for times when your sleeping or something.

If you don't use Bluetooth/wifi turn that off. Otherwise it's always searching.

Also, don't let apps run in the background. And turn off things like location, if you don't use it. If you're always on the road and need maps, you need location.

Only steam video over WiFi. Bluetooth cost more battery and money.

perquacky

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 6:22 pm
I also need my phone fully charged in the morning, because I use the MTA app for my railroad ticket.
I charge it overnight without any problems.

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:03 pm
If you have an iPhone it recognizes when you leave your phone charged in for long periods of time routinely and will trickle charge the battery.

If I plug in at 10 it won’t be fully charged till 5. But if I plug in earlier, it charges much faster.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:05 pm
1091 wrote:
If you have an iPhone it recognizes when you leave your phone charged in for long periods of time routinely and will trickle charge the battery.

If I plug in at 10 it won’t be fully charged till 5. But if I plug in earlier, it charges much faster.

Interesting! My phone said something about this but I wasn’t sure exactly what it meant.

I do have an iPhone (not the newest model though), and my previous phone was an even older iPhone. Not sure how recent this feature is. Good to know.

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:46 pm
Also there's a battery saver mode that shuts off the background apps so you don't have to do each one.

My mom puts battery saver on her iPhone every shabbat

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:04 am
I know that I might overcharge my phone but I charge it all night which for me is about 8 hours then I use it at work and when it reaches 60% at work then I plug it in again.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:09 am
You can put it to charge as soon as you wake up
It may not be 100% charged, but close enough that will last you for a while,
Then as soon as you get to work charge it more

I also have a charger in the car

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:14 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
That makes no sense. Phones today stop charging when the battery is full. You can charge over a 3 day yontiff without effecting the battery. Caveat - this may only be true for top of the line phones which we have. DH is an engineer and reads all manuals and everything technical.

Charging longer doesn't affect the battery, but no matter what you do, you will have battery issues, because most phone batteries are small for slimness instead of being large enough to handle the phone's power needs. Batteries still need to be large in size in order to be large in capacity.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
There's a product you can set so that the charger stops charging after a certain amount of time, say 2 hours. Been meaning to buy one since I've killed the battery by charging overnight too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics