Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Terror in london
Previous  1  2

Mandy

Post Fri, Jul 08 2005, 10:18 am
the terrorists want concessions not in terms of British land but in terms of pulling out of Iraq. As far as I have understood. And their tactics have worked in other places before ( troops from spain pulled out from Iraq after the train bombings there) so there is no reason for them to think it wouldn't work again.

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 8:04 pm
It was deffinately a terror attack. Could be by Mohammed Al something who lives in Edgewear.
45 people dead, 100's injured and 15 people not found.
5 bombs on the tube and one bomb on a bus.
It seemed pretty sureal, I am not there but I heard about it on the radio and saw it on the news. Then it was in all the papers.
I did hear of at least one Jewish person who died in the tragedy.

It's a miracle more people didn't die.
Also I doubt it was anything to do with Iraq, it's just because these people want to kill as many people as they can.

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 1:26 am
I heard that there are 5 countries on Al Quida's hit list. USA, Spain, England, Italy and Canada. They have hit 3 so now we hope the Canadian and Itlaian security prevent future attacks.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 2:43 am
Rochel Leah what can they do to prevent future attacks noone dreamt of the subway Exclamation Who knows maybe our bridges maybe targeted next. They are deadly, exact and unpredictable conc whereabouts, murderers. Mad Atleast now, these countrys can appreciate even if it's a minute amount of what Israel is going thru Exclamation

sarahd

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 4:23 am
freilich, that's not quite so. Everyone knew that the underground was the most obvious target for terrorists. The sad fact is, though, that the police have to prevent every single terrorist attack in order to succeed; the terrorists only have to carry out one attack in order to succeed. The police have a basically impossible job.

Rivka

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 8:38 am
Yup, like Israel, when it was really bad, the police would stop so many suicide bombers, but just one has to get through and kill people. I don't think there is anything anyone can do when it comes to these kind of attacks, every city is at risk.

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 3:38 am
freilich wrote:
Rochel Leah what can they do to prevent future attacks noone dreamt of the subway Exclamation Who knows maybe our bridges maybe targeted next. They are deadly, exact and unpredictable conc whereabouts, murderers. Mad Atleast now, these countrys can appreciate even if it's a minute amount of what Israel is going thru Exclamation

have to disaggree with you on this one sorry. when the twin towers were blown up did america really think of what israel is going through or they said peace lets give them more land.

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 11:49 am
if you want to hear the inside story of all news, especially about terrorism nowadays- I recommend http://www.johnbatchelorshow.com/

I listen to this on the radio, and this is the real news, what the networks wont tell you.

read about the inside story of the London bombings, terrorism in Israel, and politics in Iran, Syria, Lebanon, etc.

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:06 pm
Quote:
I listen to this on the radio, and this is the real news, what the networks wont tell you

A lot of competition out there since thats what they all claim Rolling Eyes
Sorry don't mean to be a kill joy but not sure what to believe anymore Exclamation

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:12 pm
freilich- if you heard it on the radio like I do, then you would believe it.
you dont have to take my word for it, but these people are have access to intelligence sources and know what theyre talking about.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 1:16 pm
Quote:
LONDON - Explosions struck three London Underground stations and a bus at midday Thursday in a chilling but less deadly replay of the suicide bombings that killed 56 people two weeks ago.

Only one person was reported wounded, but the lunch-hour explosions caused major shock and disruption in the capital and were hauntingly similar to the July 7 bombings by four attackers.

Panicked and screaming commuters fled the three affected Underground stations, sometimes leaving behind their shoes.

Yet again ....... what do they want from us Sad

sarahd

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 4:07 pm
Nothing much, just to take over the whole world, impose their religion on everyone and kill anyone who objects.

The Gemara/Midrash says that before Moshiach comes, Yishmael will rule the whole world for 9 months... shock

proudmom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 2:13 pm
From Shmais.com

The London Bombings

So long as there is the smallest rationale that legitimizes terror and the infliction of terror on people, the global war against terror will not be a success. For as long as it has existed terror has continued to strengthen and even spread because countries involved with fighting terror have for political and other reasons refused to do what needs to be done to eliminate it and those who merchandise in it.

So while it was at first shocking that terror would so wantonly visit rush hour in London, it was---at the same time--- not surprising. Observing the British reaction to becoming victims of Islamic terror and watching how the media covered the breaking events as they happened was both fascinating and intriguing. Watching from the wary perspective of having studied and absorbed so much and so many terror attacks in Israel one could not help but to reflexively note the contrasts of the media coverage of terror in Israel and terror in London on a routine Friday morning.

As the news began to come out of London of explosions in the underground and possibly on a double-decker bus, instinctively both British officials as well as news reporters tried serving up a different type of spin on these attacks as compared with what we have become accustomed to hearing over the last few years---that there was an attack of this nature somewhere in the streets of Israel. To that end discussion on the news during the first few hours after the attack revolved around whether or mot there were suicide bombers involved in these attacks. Strangely and with a sense of relief Brittan’s police immediately reported that there were definitely no suicide bombers involved.

We all know that as events were pieced together it became clear that all four attacks were brought to bear by suicide bombers. So why the official rush early on to declare that no such bombers were involved? Apparently there seems to be levels of depravity----acceptable and unacceptable---when it comes to these types of attacks. It was as if had these been planted bombs the entire episode would have been elevated a level or two. Suicide bombings, however, are the lowest and most frightening type of an attack that a population anywhere can be subjected to. What can terrorize a people, a community or a country more than the possibility that the person sitting next to you may have a bomb strapped to their belly or back?

This is terror in its rarest form. This is what the United States fight steadfastly with heightened security and the rules of the Patriots Act which keeps suspected terrorist out of our country. They cannot attack us if they are not physically here and in the aftermath of 9/11 and President Bush’s courageous initiatives this country has significantly stepped up it’s fight against terror and commitment to protecting us---the citizens of this country.

Out there in the world, however, the idea exists that if you lend terror a little sympathy and understanding, if you give them a little freedom and latitude within your borders they will be appreciative and express that appreciation by not attacking you. What happened in London proved the absurdity of this theory. Still a good deal of the political left and some of the right in this country understand the motivations and causes of terror. It’s important to understand that they don’t like it and would never support it, but they understand it.

Leading the charge on this count is none other than the most liberal New York Times columnist, Thomas Friedman, I was nonchalantly reading Friedman’s column last Friday on the subject pf the causes and reasons for suicide bombings when a line of his jumped out at me and smacked right upside the head. I re-read the piece several times so as to try to understand it better and tried to put myself in Froedman’s shoes. This is what he wrote in the July 15 paper. “One of the London bombers was married, with a young child and another on the way. I can understand but never accept suicide bombing in Iraq or Israel as part of a nationalist struggle. But when a British Muslim citizen, nurtured by that society just indiscriminately blows up his neighbor and leaves behind a baby and pregnant wife, to me he has to be in the dangerous grip of a cult or preacher---dangerous to his faith community and to the world.”

Friedman is right----they certainly are dangerous to the world, all the world. Last week the IDF apprehended a Palestinian woman on the way to a hospital in Israel where she had been treated for an ailment several weeks prior. What can be more innocent than a woman going for a follow up consultation with her doctor? I’m sure that Israel security frequently lets such cases slide through with minimal scrutiny. Thankfully that was not the case this time. The woman on the way to the hospital was wearing a bomb and planned to blow herself up in the hospital. Is Tom Friedman saying that he understands the rationale for her actions? It’s people like Friedman and the attention they command that must give terrorists some hope of prevailing sometime down the road.

This was a major part of the problem with how the United States as well as other countries---including Israel--- dealt with Yasser Arafat during all those years of his tyrannical rule of Palestinians in the territories. Arafat was an open and avowed terrorist that sometimes indulged in the doublespeak of diplomacy. The Europeans and even the US wanted so badly to turn him into a legitimate leader, so much so that they even agreed to look the other way every time he authorized a terrorist attack with the hope that this would be the last pr perhaps next to the last murders that he would oversee of innocent people. This behavior was not only an endorsement of the scent of triumph that terrorist could bring but an attitude that encouraged terrorist elsewhere in the world---folks like Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Tom Friedman’s understanding of suicide bombings under certain circumstances and the free worlds desire to turn terrorists into diplomats just does not work. It communicates to fledging terrorists that their twisted violent ways have a chance to bear fruit if only they persist and stay the course---things that should repulse those who love freedom and democracy wherever they are found. Using Friedman’s logic he should clearly understand why Islamic terrorist sought to bomb a bus and London’s underground two weeks ago. England is America’s staunchest ally in the battle to bring democracy to Iraq and freedom to the Iraqi people. London is the second most important player globally in the effort to defeat terror. At the same time London apparently subscribed to Friedman’s way of thinking--- lend understanding to and coddle the terrorists and they won’t attack you. It’s like trying to reason with a scorpion. Tony Blair’s first comment on the bombings in his capital city was that it was because of the Arab-Israeli conflict. He probably now realized how terribly wrong he was.

A few years ago during the height of the intifada when Palestinian terrorists would attack Israeli’s in busses and on the streets and then Israel would hit back with the ferocity of the IDF, then Israel Deputy Defense Minister, Ephraim Sneh appeared with a Palestinian counterpart on ABC-TV’s Nightline. Sneh was apologetic to his adversaries for being forced by the terrorists to seek them out and retaliate. Sneh said, “what can we do, in Israel our problem is that our strength is our weakness.” It’s a mind boggling concept, having to apologize for having the ability to overcome and defeat your enemy. It’s Tom Friedman logic. It encourages terror attacks. And when fighting terror the only weakness is being weak.

Email Larry Gordon at mamush1999@aol.com

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 23 2005, 7:48 pm
Yes that was a miracle what happened on Thursday, the bombs did not explode the detonators went off and that was it. No one was injured, one slightly but not majorly. The men ran off and the passengers ran after one of them but didn't get them.
So two people are in for questioning, in the meantime you have 4 bombers on the loose somewhere.
Friday, the police shot a man suspected of being connected, he was acting suspicious and when he was asked by plain clothes police to come over he legged it, they caught him and shot him in the head...today they are saying the guy was Brazillian and innocent and not connected with the bombings.

I think Ishmael already rules the world by ruling the media. People still sympathize with them, still think these people are doing it for a cause rather than just simply wanting to destroy as many innocent lives as they can.
Israel still gets the blame for everything, because of the poor Palestinians, it isn't their fault, they are the under-dog.
Then Ken Livingstone Yemach shemo goes and starts making it to do with Israel.
I just hope this doesn't escalate...anyway, today Al-Qaeda bombed Egypt.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics