Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician in BP please vote!
Previous  1  2

Diamond or Abberbock
Diamond  
 60%  [ 20 ]
Abberbock  
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 6:35 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
WHAT?

Yes. It's true. I heard it first hand.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:18 am
Wait, it is true?

Kenz and Ra mom, do you use [name removed] and have girls, th at you can confirm it is for sure not true? Or are your indignant responses just automatic reactions to what we all we to think is an insane practice?

Tweety how do you know it's true?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:15 am
True or not , where are the moms to say NOOOOOO

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True or not , where are the moms to say NOOOOOO

From what I understood, he convinced them that it is necessary, for their benefit. So he can detect early some scary diseases, maybe cancer? I don't know exactly what. But the person I heard it from said her sister is absolutely certain that it is necessary and normal, that he is the best dr/diagnostician because of this...

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 1:28 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
From what I understood, he convinced them that it is necessary, for their benefit. So he can detect early some scary diseases, maybe cancer? I don't know exactly what. But the person I heard it from said her sister is absolutely certain that it is necessary and normal, that he is the best dr/diagnostician because of this...

Not cancer. I forgot the name of the condition he checks for. He says something abt newly married that some have an issue. He says if it's detected now its much easier to deal with now than later on.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 1:37 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Not cancer. I forgot the name of the condition he checks for. He says something abt newly married that some have an issue. He says if it's detected now its much easier to deal with now than later on.

I've never in my life heard of such a thing and was horrified that teenage girls would be subjected to this. Maybe if you can find out a name of a condition, we can educate ourselves.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:59 pm
I've never in my life heard of such a thing and was horrified that teenage girls would be subjected to this. Maybe if you can find out a name of a condition, we can educate ourselves.

I was horrified too. This person was raving how [name removed] is the only pediatrician that checks for it.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:25 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I was horrified too. This person was raving how [name removed] is the only pediatrician that checks for it.

Checks for what exactly?
Please find out if you can. I'm really curious. And would probably ask my own pediatrician and gyn about it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:26 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Checks for what?!? Can you ask the person was this secret condition is, that no other pediatrician feels it is necessary to do internals on young girls for?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:29 pm
Can we maybe get a patient of [name removed] to confirm or deny this? Anyone who uses him for their daughters, please chime in here and let us know what the real deal is

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Dr lazar is also great. Hes being in working in dr abberbocks office for many years and hes not that young hes just younger than abberbock

That's Dr. Moshe Lazar who had been working for many years. His son, Dr. Eli Lazar is working at both locations now as well.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 6:38 pm
Does [name removed] do internal exams for all girls at every annual well visit? A friend told me this when I was considering changing to his new office. She says she knows it from patients of his who think it's normal to do so because he told them so. I need to know if this is true. It's a deal breaker for me and I won't consider his office in that case.

I have girls, but I usually switch to one of the female PAs when they're a bit older. For little girls he certainly doesn't do internals. For baby well visits, he checks the internal area visually and tells the nurse who types for him something to the effect of 'everything normal'

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I have girls, but I usually switch to one of the female PAs when they're a bit older. For little girls he certainly doesn't do internals. For baby well visits, he checks the internal area visually and tells the nurse who types for him something to the effect of 'everything normal'

Maybe he checks for imperofrate hymen? They check for that in baby girls.

kenz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 6:49 pm
Wait, it is true?

Kenz and Ra mom, do you use [name removed] and have girls, th at you can confirm it is for sure not true? Or are your indignant responses just automatic reactions to what we all we to think is an insane practice?

Tweety how do you know it's true?

Yes, I use [name removed] and I have girls and I have never, ever experienced this.

ETA I also switch to the females at a certain point but I have definitely seen Dr. [name removed] over the years and this has never come up, plus you would think if it's his practice and something he believes in doing, he would have instructed everyone else to do the same. I am always in the room for checkups - and I have big girls - and no one has ever remotely done anything like this. Not Dr. [name removed] and not anyone else either.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:27 pm
Another Dr. [name removed] patient, I use him for all well checks. He most definitely doesn't do an internal exam, he checks briefly for an imperforate hymen up until maybe 8-9 years old, nothing more than that, and he says exactly what he's doing as he does it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:55 pm
Doesn’t checking for imperforated hymen required an internal check with finger. I don’t care how deep it goes any touching on privates by male during childhood is disgusting unless there are complications known such as bleeding spotting pain etc. you might think hey he is professional he knows what he is doing. I am sure he does but you don’t. He is checking for any child s-xual abuse. He checks for any tears at the opening of vgna to rule out s-xual abuse. It’s not wrong for professional to check that but it’s wrong to allow male Dr perform this exam on girls.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Doesn’t checking for imperforated hymen required an internal check with finger. I don’t care how deep it goes any touching on privates by male during childhood is disgusting unless there are complications known such as bleeding spotting pain etc. you might think hey he is professional he knows what he is doing. I am sure he does but you don’t. He is checking for any child s-xual abuse. He checks for any tears at the opening of vgna to rule out s-xual abuse. It’s not wrong for professional to check that but it’s wrong to allow male Dr perform this exam on girls.

Omg here we go bad mouthing a legitimately good doctor !!! No one of his patients mothers that are a part of this chat said that he has done an internal on their girls. Only a poster heard from a friend that heard from her dogs neighbor . C'mon people !! Stop bad mouthing drs !!! And if he suspects s-xual abuse then he better check for any tears or injury! Who else should check a little girl that he suspects is s-xually abused ?! Who else should check if not him ?? Of course it's his job to check . There is nothing s-xual about a dr doing his job in a professional way . Just because hes male doesnt automatically make it wrong . I am sick and tired of posters just bad mouthing people when they dont know what they're talking about .

kenz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Omg here we go bad mouthing a legitimately good doctor !!! No one of his patients mothers that are a part of this chat said that he has done an internal on their girls. Only a poster heard from a friend that heard from her dogs neighbor . C'mon people !! Stop bad mouthing drs !!! And if he suspects s-xual abuse then he better check for any tears or injury! Who else should check a little girl that he suspects is s-xually abused ?! Who else should check if not him ?? Of course it's his job to check . There is nothing s-xual about a dr doing his job in a professional way . Just because hes male doesnt automatically make it wrong . I am sick and tired of posters just bad mouthing people when they dont know what they're talking about .

Just to concur with this, I have never seen him do any such thing on any of my daughters. And this thread should be deleted, it is inordinately inappropriate.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 12:38 am
There is a great female Dr at abberbocks practice Dr Zheng we almost always try to see her.
She is a non Jewish chinese woman.
I have used Dr aberbock very few times and I'm totally ok not to see him every time
Dr Lazar son is quite good for a new young Dr. The office staff is super nice.
I'm following the posts re the question of issue with internals. I had a visit at one time with Dr A and my 3 year old daughter that left me feeling a little uncomfortable. But there are enough other drs to work with! So we are happy to stay with them

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

No it doesn’t, and he most definitely is looking for the hymen, he was able to show me when he saw something concerning (my daughter was young, she didn’t mind me looking). He talks to the patient the whole time and the whole thing takes about 5 seconds. I really don’t get the hysteria from patients that never used him; I’m honestly horrified.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics