Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is Corona Affecting Your Parnosa?
Previous  1  2

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
My husband is an administrator and owner for a nursing home. If, God forbid, anyone comes down with Corona, the nursing home will be barred from accepting patients, and patients that are negative have to be sent to outside care after quarantine period. Employees who are sick are not allowed to come to work, and so now anyone with a cold are staying home.

It's very scary, and a test of faith.

im westchster ny visitors are not allowed in nursing homes and assisted living
a chinese man who is 100 recovered from carona

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:32 pm
polka dots wrote:
Omg I read your first sentence and thought it said “ I do lighthouse keeping” I’m thinking is there still such a thing today’s days? Are there lighthouses in Israel?? 😂

Coz it's Purim...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35q4cz

groisamomma

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:39 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I do light housekeeping, baby care, and nanny work. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks, and out of work. There is a very good chance that when I get better IYH, my employers will have replaced me and I'll have to start looking for work all over again.

Aside from a very small amount of money from Bituach Leumi, this was my only other source of income. With work, I could just barely cover my monthly expenses. I have NO IDEA how I am going to recover financially.

I wish I knew how much longer I will feel sick, and how long I need to wait until I can go back to work, but there is just no way of telling. If whatever it is that I have now turns into bronchitis or pneumonia, I'm in deep trouble.

I've had that happen to me before, so I'm not being dramatic. Several years ago, I got the flu, and then secondary bacterial infections, and ended up in the hospital on IV antibiotics for three days. All in all, I was sick as a dog for 8 months straight.

I was told that once you have pneumonia, you are more likely to get it again. Not sure if that's true or not, but I don't want to test the theory.

How is Corona affecting your parnassa?

groisamomma

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:42 pm
NJDOE had us prepare 2 weeks worth of lesson plans in the event that it declares a state of emergency. We will all have to teach remotely so that we don't have to make up the days in June.

I'm actually looking forward to waking up after the sun for a change.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:49 pm
Some of our shipments from China will be delayed

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 8:06 pm
Fortunately, I have the option to work from home if need be. My husband is in catering and, actually, he'll be off for several weeks before/during Pesach anyway and maybe by then things will have calmed down. But he doesn't anticipate any problems unless a staff member gets sick and they quarantine everyone who ever went to his restaurant or something.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 8:21 pm
groisamomma wrote:
How is Corona affecting your parnassa?

Whatever you have against FF please can it or deal with it in private.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics