Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd feet always smell

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:02 pm
What can I do. It's so embarrassing. Whenever she takes her shoes or socks off the room stinks. It doesn't make a difference if it's after a bath. Anyone have this. Anything could be done?

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:24 pm
could be a fungal infection
I'm assuming you ruled out things like not changing socks or shoes getting wet and not sufficiently dried out before she wears them, etc

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:47 pm
when my dc had this the dr. said it was from hyperhidrosis iow excessive sweating and prescribed a very drying foot powder made of diatomaceous earth. it was pretty costly for a foot powder but seemed to help. I assume your dd isn't wearing plastic shoes but only leather or cotton canvas? When my kids wore footie pj's with plastic soles their feet reeked. I solved that by cutting off the foot part of the pjs and having them wear socks if it was that cold.
There are commercially available insoles that contain activated carbon and claim to fight shoe odor, I don't know how effective they are or aren't.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:54 pm
Has it always been this way? Or only since you bought a certain pair of shoes?
In high school I had a pair of booties that made my feet and socks smell. As soon as I moved on to another pair, problem was gone.

acccdac

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 8:06 pm
my son had this recently and he has done the following which has helpped.

In the shower he uses "Pedifix Tea Tree Ultimates Funga Soap 6oz"
you are supposed to rub it on to the foot with a sponge. I bought him "Soapy Soles Foot Scrubber" instead because I figured since it requires less effort it will have a higher chance of being used properly.

After the shower he uses "Zeasorb Antifungal Treatment Powder"

I also put odor eaters in his shoes.

it has been about 2 weeks and the smell has gone.

the other things to consider is whether or not she is wearing shoes without socks, because that can cause feet/shoes to smell as well.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 9:16 pm
How old is dd? When my sister started puberty she began to smell badly from her feet, breath, any other body part that was able to smell did. She showered daily, used powder, odor eaters, mom even crushed up peppermints for my sister to discreetly slip into her mouth often it was that bad. Once she got through the hump of puberty, about age 16 or so things started to calm down for her. The same thing happened to her daughter when she started puberty too.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:14 am
Daughter 20 just started to smell. What can she use?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
How old is dd? When my sister started puberty she began to smell badly from her feet, breath, any other body part that was able to smell did. She showered daily, used powder, odor eaters, mom even crushed up peppermints for my sister to discreetly slip into her mouth often it was that bad. Once she got through the hump of puberty, about age 16 or so things started to calm down for her. The same thing happened to her daughter when she started puberty too.

Same here. When DD started puberty she smelled like a boy's locker room after rugby practice. Confused

She showered 3 times a day, used Super Sport 24 hour deodorant (which lasted maybe 4 hours on her) and changed her clothes often. She would come home from school and her clothes would be dripping wet with perspiration. I did piles and piles of smelly laundry. She was super aware of it, and did everything she could to stay clean smelling, so it wasn't laziness.

B'H, she's 16 now and everything has settled down considerably.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:51 am
My 10 year old son had this. We were going nuts and made him put his shoes back on. I eventually took him to the doctor. I forgot the name of the issue, but it had the word pitted in in. The doctor put him on topical antibiotics, saying it was an infection. He had to put it on twice a day for about a month.
I won't say his feet smell like roses, but he can take off his shoes now without us gagging across the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics