Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why get tested

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:18 am
I am coughing and running a slight fever but I do not see the need to get tested. I’ll take precautionary measure of staying indoors. I had contact with many people over Purim why panic everyone if I test positive?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am coughing and running a slight fever but I do not see the need to get tested. I’ll take precautionary measure of staying indoors. I had contact with many people over Purim why panic everyone if I test positive?

So that they can quarantine themselves and not spread it further .
Refuah Shelaimah

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:20 am
Because there are no tests still in many places chances are you wouldn't get tested. But I think it is responsible to stay quarantined and the others who live in your house.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:24 am
thunderstorm wrote:
So that they can quarantine themselves and not spread it further .
Refuah Shelaimah

each person I was in contact with was in contact with hundreds other people. There’s no identifying them all

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:33 am
That is your only option, to stay quarantined. You won't be able to get tested unless you can prove you traveled out of the country, had immediate contact with someone who has it, or are experiencing severe symptoms such as shortness of breath.

Thousands of people have it but aren't counted in the numbers because they didn't get tested and just stayed home without reporting it or being tested for it.

The amount of young adults who have it doesn't make it into the numbers since they don't get tested. It is people who are hospitalized due to complications like trouble breathing that get the tests. There are no tests available for younger, healthy people.

Thank you for staying inside and not putting others at risk. I wish everyone who had fever/cough would do this instead of being dismissive and thinking they don't have it and going around infecting others.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I hope that people living with you if any are also staying indoors, and no one is passing through your house without the knowledge, ie cleaning help delivery guys etc.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So that these dozens of people know they may have the disease and can quarantine themselves, thus preventing them from passing it on to hundreds of others.

Fighting pandemics is a group effort. We all need to be responsible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics