Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Getting makeup done
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:00 pm
Thank you everyone!
I'm bringing my own makeup and brushes. Gloves and mask for makeup artist.

I didnt want to be specific because 1) I don't want to out myself 2)the point is the makeup, not the person getting married.

Wedding is moved up a bit. Outdoor chuppah, family for the rest. Pretty, monogrammed gloves for dancing.

Iyh, it will be a beautiful simcha! I can't wait!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:01 pm
Plan on doing your own make up though because it is extremely likely the make up artist will cancel.

monkeymamma

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
She is marrying off her son for God's sake! Of course she should go and use precaution.
It's easy to talk and give advice when you're not the one in the situation.

Somehow, the coronavirus does not seem to care who you are, what you do for a living, what your relationship with anyone is, if you are rich or poor, etc. There are medical guidelines in place and people who have underlying issues were advised to stay home so yes, op should consult with her doctors to see how she should proceed instead of taking matters into her own hands. This is a very sad time for all of us and we should all be taking this seriously to prevent this from spreading any further.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:16 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Somehow, the coronavirus does not seem to care who you are, what you do for a living, what your relationship with anyone is, if you are rich or poor, etc. There are medical guidelines in place and people who have underlying issues were advised to stay home so yes, op should consult with her doctors to see how she should proceed instead of taking matters into her own hands. This is a very sad time for all of us and we should all be taking this seriously to prevent this from spreading any further.

That's why I said she should use precaution.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:41 pm
It's completely ridiculous and irresponsible to circulate among others if you could have coronavirus.

Bringing your own makeup brushes? That's your precaution?

Are you going to not touch anyone or anything and not breathe on anyone and stay more than 6 feet away from everyone throughout the entire evening?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:43 pm
DrMom wrote:
It's completely ridiculous and irresponsible to circulate among others if you could have coronavirus.

Bringing your own makeup brushes? That's your precaution?

Are you going to not touch anyone or anything and not breathe on anyone and stay more than 6 feet away from everyone throughout the entire evening?

She does not have Coronavirus. She can walk her son under the chupa!
With necessary precautions, everyone will be OK.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
She does not have Coronavirus. She can walk her son under the chupa!
With necessary precautions, everyone will be OK.

Idiotic advice. There is no way to guarante everyone will be fine.

This is a matter of life and death. Skip the wedding. You could weaken someone's immune system and your own immune system is weak. You could be killing someone

There is no social event worth risking someone's life for. I can't believe the selfish self centered advice on this thread.

At least do your own makeup and stay away from everyone. One sick person person infected 1000 at a bar mitzvah.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:35 pm
As far as the makeup artist is concerned...I've always wondered about that.
She uses her brushes and makeup for multiple people. Even if you bring your own brushes, as soon as your brush touches her makeup, that has been used on other people, isn't there cross-contamination?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:17 pm
I always ask them to use my own eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. But really it's a good point about everything else, even in normal times.

I'm due for a hair dye. I had stopped doing it myself bec I almost got some in my eye once & it's too scary. But now I think I'd rather not go to any service person who's going to be a foot away from me. If she's even open.

Either I will do myself or stay gray a little longer.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
As far as the makeup artist is concerned...I've always wondered about that.
She uses her brushes and makeup for multiple people. Even if you bring your own brushes, as soon as your brush touches her makeup, that has been used on other people, isn't there cross-contamination?

make up artists wash their brushes in between clients.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics