Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How will life change after?
Previous  1  2  3

chestnut

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:10 am
Few months after everything is back to normal, people will continue with their lives as before

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:56 am
southernbubby wrote:
They knew that it was a dangerous illness and that it was spreading and not only did they try to cover it up, they also allowed the huge potluck gathering to take place in Wuhan which further spread the virus! The world should have been alerted immediately that a dangerous virus was on the loose!

And BP and Willy continued to hold simchas and public gatherings larger then legal or recommended

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:13 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
People who say I believe Moshiach can come at any moment BUT—- really don’t in their hearts. They think it’s a far fetched fantasy that they think might happen one day but inside they don’t really expect to see happen in their lifetimes.
I’d suggest you startlistening to the latest shiurim on what’s happening. It’s very clear the signs predicted in the torah are all coming true now and if u can say there were worse times and he didn’t come then you need to learn.

I believe it's very natural for people's minds to go to Moshiach every time there is a major event like this happening. It has been our response for generations. It's not just the laypeople who automatically think this means Moshiach is here, many Rabbonim make that connection as well. In fact, we are just taking our cue from the gedolim who are speaking about this.

And this is the reason: it's TRUE Moshiach can come at any moment. But when tragedy happens, it causes people to stop and think about Hashem. Think about Teshuva. It shakes people up and causes people to turn their hearts and eyes upwards. THAT is what will bring Moshiach. Not the event itself.

And that's precisely why all the rabbanim talk about moshiach and teshuva at a time like this. They are trying to help us turn our fear and bewilderment in the right direction- look to Hashem, cry out to Him, stop the sinas chinam, do Teshiva! These times have the greatest potential for us to bring Moshiach.

The passuk in Shemos tells us that the jews cried out to Hashem, and right after that Hashem sends Moshe to Egypt to save them. Chazal say that only once the Bnei yisroel began to cry out to Hashem did the Moshiach come.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:37 am
chestnut wrote:
Few months after everything is back to normal, people will continue with their lives as before

Except those of us who don’t make it.

After 9/11, everyone said things would change for good. But nothing did. We all go about our lives like before. Women still wear stilettos to work, we’re still rude and pushy.

Same here. For a few months, we’ll be a little different. Kinder. In a year, having some extra tp on hand will be quaint. In 5 years, only those of us who lose someone will remember how bad it was, as opposed to a strange blip.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:42 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Because they did this on purpose?
I am not understanding.

You really work in a hospital and don't get how China's intentional cover-up negatively impacted the whole world?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:44 am
I think impressionable kids will become "preppers" and feel the need to stockpile. Kind of the way many Depression era kids grew up to become hoarders.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:45 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
And BP and Willy continued to hold simchas and public gatherings larger then legal or recommended

While I don't condone their actions, many people of all races and creeds have acted I'm a cavilier fashion. Why should it be legal for crowd bigger than x-mas season to plunder Costco and Walmart?
I had a feeling that cases would explode after Purim in frum communities.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:42 pm
gande wrote:
I think and hope that public health will become a priority and the government will take stronger action and spend more money to help combat other illness such as cancer that take even more lives than this.

Also we will learn not to rely on China and do more manufacturing and sourcing from other places and the US will become more self reliant which will also help the economy btw.

Pharmaceutical Industry owns congress (biggest donor) and Pharmaceutical Industry does not want any cures (for cancer or any other illness). All Pharma wants is a LIFE-LONG dependency on drugs to treat symptoms. KACHING!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:16 pm
I think that a lot of manufacturing currently based in China will shift to other countries with relatively low labor costs such as India, Thailand, Mexico, and Brazil.

I think that some essential industries such as pharmaceuticals will transfer production, or much of their production, to the USA, and perhaps this will be mandated by Congress. Perhaps there will be limits on raw materials such as stainless steel and aluminum being exported to China.

I hope more people will "buy American" because if that doesn't happen, we are in for a huge recession.

Laiya

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Because they did this on purpose?
I am not understanding.

Maybe whoever caught it first in each school and school should be put in cherem. Maybe doctors and nurses who caught it while working and unfortunately and unintentionally spread it to their families should be divorced.
The CEO of the hospital I work in contracted it (while working) maybe he should be fired.

China actively covered up evidence of the virus while 5 MILLION people fled Wuhan before the lock down. At least 10,000 of those people entered the US before the US closed its borders to Chinese nationals in the end of January.

Worse still, this is not the first time a pandemic started in China due to human consumption of a contaminated animal. After the SARS outbreak in 2003, China officially made consumption of certain animals illegal, yet with a wink and a nod, has refused to enforce its own law all these years. There have been smaller-scale outbreaks since then, as well.

If China does not choose to begin enforcing its ban on consumption of certain animals, this same situation can happen again. And again.

Laiya

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
You all talk as though you haven't thought things through.
If we eliminate trade with China, are you prepared to pay upwards of $1.50 per pan for aluminum pans from amazing savings? Do you really think the copay on your medication won't be affected? What do you think your next car would cost? Even if you drive an American car, do you believe all the parts, in their entireties were made here? What about commodities which are traded?
You also speak of the government providing more. Where are the resources coming from? Increasing taxes? Cutting other programs.

I'm not saying things are perfect, or even that they should stay the way they are, but think things though.

Bringing manufacturing to North America can certainly be done, and was one of Trump's main goals as president. The signing of USMCA was a step toward that end.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:41 pm
chestnut wrote:

That could be years from now. They predict waves of covid.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics