Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Lag Beomer B'Meron, oh what will be?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:59 pm
We have been travelling to Meron annually to daven at kever rashbi. Our tickets are booked, and now corona. Is there even a chance of this happening?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:00 pm
Stay home

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:01 pm
If a neis happens, and an effective treatment for coronavirus is discovered, which puts complication levels and mortality rates more in line with the average flu or below it, then yes there is a chance it might happen.

If things continue as they are, it would seem the height of irresponsibility for anyone to allow it to happen.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:35 pm
Are you Israeli? At the current moment, as far as I know, Israel is only allowing citizens in.

In any case, I highly doubt the kever will be open to the public. Usually tens of thousands congregate there on lag ba'omer, and unless there is a huge change, that's not going to happen.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:41 pm
OP, out of curiosity, are you all done with Pesach prep, cleaning, cooking, kashering, shopping that you even have headspace for this Wink

If yes,

PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIPS AND HACKS WITH US

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:50 pm
Bennet already canceled the you hazikaron events. I’d be surprised if they open the borders freely by then. It may be under control in Israel at that time, but it won’t be worth the risk to admit foreigners.
Hopefully I’ll be wrong.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:55 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
OP, out of curiosity, are you all done with Pesach prep, cleaning, cooking, kashering, shopping that you even have headspace for this Wink

If yes,

PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIPS AND HACKS WITH US

Ha...You see, we are very strong followers of rashbi. For us missing a lag beomer in meron is comparable to missing a sibling's wedding. Starting after chanukah all the extended family talks about is do you have tickets to EY/apt in meron yet? So this whole corona is kind of disrupting our upcoming simcha of the helula and in a way trumps Pesach cleaning and cooking....

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:02 pm
Bzchus Reb Shimon; all will be well, it will be over, there will be an ALL CLEAR from U.S. and E.Y. and I'll see you there BE"H!!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ha...You see, we are very strong followers of rashbi. For us missing a lag beomer in meron is comparable to missing a sibling's wedding. Starting after chanukah all the extended family talks about is do you have tickets to EY/apt in meron yet? So this whole corona is kind of disrupting our upcoming simcha of the helula and in a way trumps Pesach cleaning and cooking....

Not a chance you are going. Lots of people are missing siblings simchas.

It's not as terrible as death.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Not a chance you are going. Lots of people are missing siblings simchas.

It's not as terrible as death.

Did I mention it's terrible? We just really want to go this year and are wondering if that's even happening, that's all. A person is allowed to hope,right?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Bzchus Reb Shimon; all will be well, it will be over, there will be an ALL CLEAR from U.S. and E.Y. and I'll see you there BE"H!!

Can we meet?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did I mention it's terrible? We just really want to go this year and are wondering if that's even happening, that's all. A person is allowed to hope,right?

You can hope, but be realistic. You aren't going.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You can hope, but be realistic. You aren't going.

And you are so sure because?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:26 pm
I just finished listening to a Q & A session from a doctor in Israel who heads Terem (urgent care) and he said that most likely we will still be in lock down even in May. Maybe some miracle will occur that this could change, but its highly unlikely.
This year you will be missing meron on lag baomer. And you likened it to missing a sibling's wedding, well, there is a lot of that going around right now as well Sad
Only smachot in the future.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And you are so sure because?

Techias hameisim & seeing rashbi b’bais shlishi

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I just finished listening to a Q & A session from a doctor in Israel who heads Terem (urgent care) and he said that most likely we will still be in lock down even in May. Maybe some miracle will occur that this could change, but its highly unlikely.
This year you will be missing meron on lag baomer. And you likened it to missing a sibling's wedding, well, there is a lot of that going around right now as well Sad
Only smachot in the future.

Ok, I'm going to try hanging on to every word. May. May. Maybe mid May, okay?(Sounding almost like Dr. Suess)

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:05 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Techias hameisim & seeing rashbi b’bais shlishi

This! I'm convinced mashiach is coming. Never did we have so many visible signs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note