Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pay playgroup Morah for april?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:37 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I can’t understand how a Morah thinks she deserves to get paid. Must be a selfish person to even think they should get paid for not working. Who gets paid if they don’t work?

lots of people are paying workers who aren't working.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:39 am
Really who? All my friends are stuck now with no job and no income? I don’t know one person being paid for not working? B and h and adorama fires all their workers for six months so they don’t have to pay them.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:42 am
Really who? All my friends are stuck now with no job and no income? I don’t know one person being paid for not working? B and h and adorama fires all their workers for six months so they don’t have to pay them.

If you read the cleaning lady threads - you'll find many women who are paying their cleaning ladies not to come to work.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:16 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
If you read the cleaning lady threads - you'll find many women who are paying their cleaning ladies not to come to work.

Because they want their cleaning ladies to come back afterwards. But which Jewish people are getting paid not to work?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:35 am
My question is simple: why can’t every Morah apply for unemployment and not charge tuition this month? They are definitely eligible, and with the extra $600/week being offered by the feds now, most will earn same amount as usual, if not more. Parents are happy and Morah is happy. Done.

Can any Morah here weigh in?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:42 am
Because the Lakewood Morah’s already take every program out there and don’t claim their full income if they would now they would lose most of their programs. So they want to continue getting cash so that they can continue getting their programs also.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:44 am
Obviously I mean the ones who are fully legal. Which I’d think is quite a lot of them, especially after the scare last year...

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:50 am
Because the Lakewood Morah’s already take every program out there and don’t claim their full income if they would now they would lose most of their programs. So they want to continue getting cash so that they can continue getting their programs also.

Not necessarily because of losing programs, but you don't qualify for unemployment benefits if you were working under the table. Obviously not all playgroup are in this category but likely this is holding some back from filing for unemployment.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:58 am
Because they want their cleaning ladies to come back afterwards. But which Jewish people are getting paid not to work?

I suspect that's not the primary driver. some people are just good people.

BeHappy!

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:29 am
I want to pay my child's morah. However, our business is basically closed. My question is if I can pay using masser money?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:39 am
BeHappy! wrote:
I want to pay my child's morah. However, our business is basically closed. My question is if I can pay using masser money?

I asked my lor and was told to use maaser. Ask ur own shaila

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:46 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I suspect that's not the primary driver. some people are just good people.

I suspect that is the primary driver. I’m a good person and I wouldn’t pay my cleaning lady for not working. Unless maybe if she really wanted to come and I didn’t let. But if she refuses to come, no way I’m paying her. I’m not a multi millionaire. I can use that money for a lot of other things.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:56 am
Why is this even a question for the month of April? We were all going to pay even though they had off more then two weeks for pesach....

Librarian

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:17 am
I run a legal playgroup. The self employed do not qualify for unemployment.

Librarian

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Why is this even a question for the month of April? We were all going to pay even though they had off more then two weeks for pesach....

That's right!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:21 am
Librarian wrote:

Have you been reading up on the CARES act?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:23 am
Librarian wrote:

This .. my husband is a self employed tutor and reports every penny to taxes but he can’t claim unemployment. Yes the people who don’t file are worse off but so are self employed and business owners . This is a hard time for everyone. I would like to see some across the board legal or halachic ruling so that people can’t take advantage such as seminaries issuing 0 refund.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:24 am
I am a babysitter in Nj- on the books, self employed, in house, etc.
I get paid per hour so I haven't got paid anything in the past 2 weeks.
Everyone says unemployment, but I don't see anything.
If anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:25 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I suspect that is the primary driver. I’m a good person and I wouldn’t pay my cleaning lady for not working. Unless maybe if she really wanted to come and I didn’t let. But if she refuses to come, no way I’m paying her. I’m not a multi millionaire. I can use that money for a lot of other things.

Not all good people are you.

Most people who don't have their cleaning ladies come - was out of mutual concern for health risks.

Librarian

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:26 am
notshanarishona wrote:
This .. my husband is a self employed tutor and reports every penny to taxes but he can’t claim unemployment. Yes the people who don’t file are worse off but so are self employed and business owners . This is a hard time for everyone. I would like to see some across the board legal or halachic ruling so that people can’t take advantage such as seminaries issuing 0 refund.

Both my husband and I are self employed. Non "essential" business owners. No work, no pay, no unemployment.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries