Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Doctor's Appt- Assume Cancelled?

PractclyPerfect

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:14 pm
I have an appointment scheduled with an allergist for my baby next week, and I can't get through to the office. Do I just assume they are closed and the appointment is canceled?

As an aside- I would cancel on my own, but if they were the ones to close, shouldn't they have an automated phone call or a message when you call the office?

thriver

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:18 pm
Any non-essential appointments would be cancelled. You can assume yes. Better to stay away from doctors these days as much as you can...

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:19 pm
Don't assume anything, call the doctors office. Some are totally closed, and some are taking things on a case-by-case basis. And if you don't intend to come anyway, please call them ASAP to let them know.

PractclyPerfect

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:27 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
Don't assume anything, call the doctors office. Some are totally closed, and some are taking things on a case-by-case basis. And if you don't intend to come anyway, please call them ASAP to let them know.

Tried calling, can't get through. That was my question.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:53 pm
out-of-towner wrote:

Exactly this
and many are offering tele-health appts

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:05 pm
My daughter had an appt that was supposed to be today at her allergist. I called beforehand to find out what to do and they were offering to either reschedule or to do a telemedicine appt (at least for the type of appt that we had), which we did this morning.
It could be your doctor has reduced hours so when you called there was no answer. I would not assume the appointment was necessarily cancelled...

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:07 pm
Would you take the baby to a doctor for an allergist's appointment?

Doesn't the doctor have some kind of messaging service that enables you to leave a message.

My doctor gave me a telemedicine appointment for a prescription refill.

My dentist emailed that his office was closed but left a number to call for emergencies. I just hope I don't have to deal with any dental emergencies - or any other kind of emergency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics