Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Great Board Games
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
How do you play lawyer and smelly socks?

Lawyer: I don't remember exactly, but I think one person is it and has to ask everyone questions, but the person being asked is not allowed to answer, the person on their right has to answer for them. They are not allowed to say yes, no or maybe. If the wrong person answers, or the right person fails to answer, or uses one of the forbidden words, (or laughs? Not sure) they become it. It's a lot of fun.

Smelly socks: my kids call it this Very Happy. One person is it (usually my kids have the person who's it act as a teacher, but I guess you don't have to do it that way). That person asks everyone questions. Before the round, everyone makes up in their mind what they will answer. But here's the catch: they have to answer the exact same thing every time, no matter what the question. It could be a word, a phrase, a song, even a sound effect. The first person who laughs, or says something different than what they've been saying the whole time, becomes it. Also a lot of fun!

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:47 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Any idea for games without piece or cards which need to be touched and where your can sit 6+ feet away from the other people? (Taboo would come to mind but you need to sit close to check the do not say list).
Youngest is 16, so older games are perfect-do not even need to be from a box-even just ideas.

I work in healthcare in a high risk setting (yet my job should be remote as I am support and am not saving any lives, just adding to the risk). I have been sleeping alone in the basement (b"h I have space) for 4 weeks now, don't touch food or anything else, and wear a mask around my house and need to socially isolated from my family.

Would appreciate any ideas.
Please no pity-I have enough of that myself and it just makes me cry.

For taboo, you can eliminate the list of words and just not be able to say the word itself (this is actually how the game Catchphrase works). I think a lot of games with pieces could be played with someone else moving your piece for you, but you making the decision. You could have your own dice to roll that no one else touches. Sorry, Life & Monopoly would all work for this I think. Basically, any game where no secrecy is involved I think would work pretty well. Are there games you normally really enjoy? Maybe we could help you think of ways to adapt them.

momomany

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:58 pm
Please send link to buy pandemic

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Any idea for games without piece or cards which need to be touched and where your can sit 6+ feet away from the other people? (Taboo would come to mind but you need to sit close to check the do not say list).
Youngest is 16, so older games are perfect-do not even need to be from a box-even just ideas.

I work in healthcare in a high risk setting (yet my job should be remote as I am support and am not saving any lives, just adding to the risk). I have been sleeping alone in the basement (b"h I have space) for 4 weeks now, don't touch food or anything else, and wear a mask around my house and need to socially isolated from my family.

Would appreciate any ideas.
Please no pity-I have enough of that myself and it just makes me cry.

Battleship. Keep one board for you to touch only.

If you have two sets of mastermind you can do that also.

TCR

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:26 pm
any great games for pre-schoolers? Can be a game u play on your own or a game u need to buy

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:38 pm
TCR wrote:
any great games for pre-schoolers? Can be a game u play on your own or a game u need to buy

Spot it
Zingo
Memory
Simon says

aliavi

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
The precautions are needed. thank you for your concern. If I had a way to prevent this from taking less than I am able to give, I most certainly would seize that.

May you have all you need!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics