Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Suppers next week
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:38 am
Crockpot, microwave, possibly a klp supper.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:44 am
The milchik section of my kitchen won't be turned over until Tuesday. I have a (pareve) rice cooker there and have been making KLP fleishiks like meatballs or roast chicken, served with rice on disposable dishes.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:52 am
I've turned over already.

Last night I grilled supper on the deck (burgers, hot dogs, etc..). We ate with rolls that I still have, cut veggies, etc, at my chometz station (table in corner of my family room that has a toaster and microwave set up, disposables, etc...gets dismantled Erev Pesach.)

I have a container of frozen meat sauce (sloppy joe). I plan to make pasta in an electric skillet (will drain in sink of my laundry room) and combine for tonight. I also have a container of frozen soup, defrosting, will warm up in microwave.

We can also make pasta in skillet and toss with cheese (move to a pan; skillet is pareve), sauce, etc...as needed. I still have a few boxes of pasta (I had stocked up the week of Purim in anticipation of quarantine).

I have an electric wok and can make stir fried chicken in it....and rice in my rice maker.

Once we finish our chometz, I will just bake chicken and potatoes, etc...pesachdik. My kids are actually looking forward to that. For some odd reason, before Pesach no one wants to finish the chometz...and then after Pesach, they are dying for it....

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:18 am
I'm turning over my kitchen on motzai Shabbos. We're setting up a table with a toaster oven and crockpot. Breakfast will be yogurt and/or cereal. Lunches will be pizza or grilled cheese heated in the toaster. For Sunday night I will boil noodles ahead of time and we'll heat them in the toaster with sauce and cheese (plus salad). Monday night will be a hearty soup in the crockpot with Shabbos leftovers heated on top. Tuesday night will be completely Pesachdik - I'm planning on a baked potato bar with choices of toppings.

heidi

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:22 am
How can you turn over the kitchen on motzai shabbos?
As I understand it, sinks need to be clean and dry for 24 hours before kashering.
I'm turning over Monday night.
Sunday night bbq.
I can't see past then.
I guess takeout Monday night and Tuesday potato chip schnitzel

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:43 am
heidi wrote:
As I understand it, sinks need to be clean and dry for 24 hours before kashering.

The p'sak I have followed for decades is that no hot chometz should be in the sink for 24 hours. For those who hold by that, Motzei Shabbos is the easiest time to kasher. Your Rav may pasken differently.

sky

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:06 pm
BBQ - hot dogs / chicken

I have a large toaster to place outside
- oven baked Mac and cheese
- frozen pizza

Bagels
Cereal
Sandwiches

Eaten outside - I hope the weather is decent.

I’m turning over very late this year. Plus we don’t eat chicken so once kitchen is turned over can’t even make chicken suppers
I’ll heat up things like pesach French fried or broccoli in my oven once we do turn over.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:19 pm
heidi wrote:
I'm turning over Monday night.
Sunday night bbq.
I can't see past then.
I guess takeout Monday night and Tuesday potato chip schnitzel

I was told sink cant be used for anything hot 24 h before but yes cold.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics