Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hope were doing the right thing
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is direa back ach a symptom? Im pregnant and im so nervous. I have direa, stomach ache, back ache, im not sure if the back ach is pregnant related tho.

YES! For some people that's the first sign. The other symptoms come a little later (or not at all, but still contagious).

lucky14

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:37 am
If she's already been around other family why is it best for her to be with you guys for pesach? Especially if you are pregnant I would think you should stay home. I think you need to think of the health of you and your children.
And yes I agree it is an extremely extremely tough situation to be in. I feel so so bad for your mother in law, for your husband and for you.

Just want to add, that was obviously just my opinion and you need to ask a reliable knowledgable doctor and if you want to ask a Rabbi also. Have you done that yet?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My MIL isnt gna stay alone in million years. Its not the crafts, the online ,ect SHE DOES NOT WANNA BE BY HERSELF. She has to know someone is in the house with her . This week she is going to be spending by her daughter over shabbos, (a house full of kids)
She has everysingle day 1 granddaughter that sleeps with her , (coming from a big family) I dont know if she is in denial but doesnt wanna take NO for an answer. If we are not ending up going , someone else will have to go be with her . I onow its q very tough situation. We will have to contact our ruv and discuss it.

If she's going to be with family, she should be with one family and stay with them.

What I've heard is that in the case of a shut in or a very lonely person who will really suffer if alone, the hosts and the person should strictly quarantine for 2 weeks and then if they're ok, the person can go to their hosts and should ONLY go to that family.

Hugs!

Studious

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:00 am
OP, I know it’s not in your hands, but what you describe your mother in law as doing seems very dangerous. She should not be having someone different every night. Maybe you can talk to her and your family about choosing one person to be with her (regardless of Pesach). This behavior is dangerous to your family and to your community. Contagion does not stop with one family.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:03 am
Tell her to ask her ruv and her dr or better yet offer to make the call together with her

paperflowers

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:04 am
Studious wrote:
We are having the same issue here. My mother in law is completely refusing to stay by herself for Pesach. So she’s going to my sister in law’s. She and her husband haven’t left their apartment in two weeks. Still makes me nervous. I was talking to my friend who is a social worker about it. She says that some elderly people are ambivalent about living, because of the loneliness of the Coronavirus. It’s not like they actively want to die, but they take unreasonable risks. Very sad.

This is actually a very good point and worth taking seriously, as the elderly have the highest suicide rate of any population. It’s critical to maintain connections with (and help her have a sense of purpose in her day) even if it can’t be in person.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:29 am
Studious wrote:
OP, I know it’s not in your hands, but what you describe your mother in law as doing seems very dangerous. She should not be having someone different every night. Maybe you can talk to her and your family about choosing one person to be with her (regardless of Pesach). This behavior is dangerous to your family and to your community. Contagion does not stop with one family.

Its same girl sleeping with her every day . For shabbos she giing to a different family and then for yom tov another family is expected to go to her.

Why would it be more worse if im pregnant if I go? For me comes out perfect cause she cooked everything already and I wont have to make passach on my own while feeling nauseous ect. But of course I dont wanna harm MIL either.

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:43 pm
I wouldn’t take the risk. If she doesn’t get it that’s on her. But if you go and something happens to her you will never forgive yourself

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is direa back ach a symptom? Im pregnant and im so nervous. I have direa, stomach ache, back ache, im not sure if the back ach is pregnant related tho.

I'm pregnant and was sick with corona. It started with a horrible back ache.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics