Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup for 3 day yt
Previous  1  2

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What's wrong with davka starting this year? It's very important to take care of ourselves and give ourselves some self care and make ourselves look nice and feel good for yom tov. Especially now.

Taking care of yourselves doesn’t necessarily mean putting on a mask of make-up. I feel really uncomfortable with things on my face and wouldn’t enjoy the Sederim at all. I look nice without make up thank you very much. 😀

Hillery

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:17 pm
After eating matzoh wipe your eyes with your fingers, and hey presto, eye shadow!

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Sometimes self care means relaxing, and focusing more on what's inside, instead of your external appearance.

I'm not saying you can't do both! I'm saying that everyone had a different definition of self care. That doesn't mean you don't care about how you look. Many women look lovely without makeup. (I like to think I look at least half decent with nothing but lip gloss on.)

I was just thinking last week, as I was on my way to the dentist, the advantages of going out fully prepared for being in public. No one can see if my lipstick matches my outfit, or if I remembered to put on blush. Nobody sees that pimple on my chin. No one sees if my nail polish is chipped or not, or if I have a broken nail.

You can still be attractive with a pretty tichel and nice earrings.

There's a certain kind of freedom in that. Very Happy

Interesting you mention a tichel. I don’t cover my hair in the house. Surely I can’t be the only Imamother who doesn’t?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:19 pm
Hillery wrote:
After eating matzoh wipe your eyes with your fingers, and hey presto, eye shadow!

Chrayonnaise gives a nice magenta tint to the eyes. LOL

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:19 pm
I've had the most luck with the following method:
Apply a full face of makeup. Let the primer sit a little before applying the rest of the makeup. Spray face with hairspray. Let set about an hour. Then apply another full face but without the primer. Spray hairspray on face again.
It feels like you're wearing something on your face but this is the only method that works for me. I've tried everything.

Hairspray on your face?????????????

Scented or unscented, even looking like a "10" cant be worth the health risks.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

If my spouse’s face smelled of hairspray I think I would gag but each to their own. 🤷‍♀️

zoom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:08 pm
yup, iv used hairspray before. it really works. I think it uses the same ingredients as the setting sprays. I used to use before I bought myself a setting spray.
I usually get a spray tan before ymtv just to give me a bit of colour, but il be doing it myself this year at home. I use garnier spray tan for face instant dry, just to give me a bit of glow then I dont need to plaster myself.

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:33 pm
I dont know if this is good for Pesach but this Setting Spray is rated as very low toxicity (EWG) and has great ratings on Amazon. Ive never used it, but I may try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....292e5

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

Scented or unscented, even looking like a "10" cant be worth the health risks.

It's the only thing that works for me. I know of afew makeup artists that use hairspray.
I don't inhale it. I don't think it's risky to use 4 times a year.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
If my spouse’s face smelled of hairspray I think I would gag but each to their own. 🤷‍♀️

The face doesn't smell.

zoom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:47 pm
The face doesn't smell.

exactly!

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:01 pm
What's wrong with davka starting this year? It's very important to take care of ourselves and give ourselves some self care and make ourselves look nice and feel good for yom tov. Especially now.

Self care and taking care of ourselves means different things to different people. I hate makeup. I don't own any. I feel better without anything on my face. And re: looking nice - this is so individualized. Just something to keep in mind.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:21 pm
The face doesn't smell.

I beg to differ. I have a strong sense of smell and loathe the smell of foundations. Hairspray doesn’t smell good either. At the moment I am grateful to have my sense of smell as apparently the loss of it may indicate COVID-19.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I beg to differ. I have a strong sense of smell and loathe the smell of foundations. Hairspray doesn’t smell good either. At the moment I am grateful to have my sense of smell as apparently the loss of it may indicate COVID-19.

Once the hairspray sets on the face, it doesn't smell.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:38 pm
I've had the most luck with the following method:
Apply a full face of makeup. Let the primer sit a little before applying the rest of the makeup. Spray face with hairspray. Let set about an hour. Then apply another full face but without the primer. Spray hairspray on face again.
It feels like you're wearing something on your face but this is the only method that works for me. I've tried everything.

You leave that on for three straight days? You don’t break out?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
You leave that on for three straight days? You don’t break out?

Bh not.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:32 pm
miz wrote:
yup, iv used hairspray before. it really works. I think it uses the same ingredients as the setting sprays. I used to use before I bought myself a setting spray.
I usually get a spray tan before ymtv just to give me a bit of colour, but il be doing it myself this year at home. I use garnier spray tan for face instant dry, just to give me a bit of glow then I dont need to plaster myself.

Can you give more details? I've never done a spray tan before. How do you do it yourself?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can you give more details? I've never done a spray tan before. How do you do it yourself?

Be careful spray tanning your face, it’s really easy to get streaky.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics