Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Upstate Scene This Summer
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 12:35 am
Honestly I'm just hoping for schools to begin normally in September at this point.
I don't think camps will open this year. Best case scenario, a very short 1 session maybe by the end of July or beginning of August.

Amarante

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 12:39 am
Everyine who comes into contact with Trump is required to be given the rapid response Covid test. Do you value your health and that of your family less. These tests should have been in production two months ago so that they were available for anyone who needed them.

Until they are available so that all workers and school children etc can be tested, it is playing Russian Rouoette with one’s health to interact with people

WASHINGTON — Anyone meeting President Trump or Vice President Pence will now be subjected to rapid COVID-19 tests to prevent the leaders from becoming infected with the virus, the White House said Friday.

Starting immediately, people expected to be in close approximately with either Trump or Pence will be given a the test to “to evaluate for pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic carriers,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:21 am
I have no problem staying home for the summer - I hate going to the country.
But there's no way that yeshivas and chadorim will be closed until september. If they reopen in the city, well, the boys will be kicking and screaming a little, but they'll have to adapt.
No one, not cuomo, not the president, are predicting/projecting that social distancing will continue indefinitely.
once school is out in June, where do you think the kids will be? on the streets. Which will effectively end social distancing.
So why can't the kids go to camp?! how is that different than the public school kids roaming the streets all summer? They won't be confined to their houses with no school.
Dyou really think ppl won't go back to work until September? There will be mutiny in teh streets. People are prepared to not work until May. Not thru the summer.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:14 pm
there is NOT sufficient hospital staff, beds, ventilators to care for a pandemic ... consider that the main reason for not going upstate
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics