Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I dont know what to do anymore

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:36 am
My teen son is on the phone each night (besides shsbbos or yt of course) untill 3-4 in the morning. I hear other boys from the line so im sure more moms have this , and I wonder what the other moms think about it. My son feels its his enjoyment of the day . He naps during the day so @ night he can spend untill almost a-m I keep telling him I dont like this whole system. Nothing helps . He is spending an entire night talking to classmates. Is this really the new norm? My ds keeps telling me that im not used to yashiva boys . I believe lots of boys dont do this . Right now I feel its a lost case . Hes on the phone all night . I cant do anything about it and it really bothers me. What else can I do , I keep telling him not to . I wonder what other moms think?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:57 am
My son is not on the phone with freinds but he listens to things till the wee hours. His entire schedule is messed up.

He is usually a big masmid. He is slowly losing his patience to learn without physical chavrusas. I'm so broken.

Praying that yeshivas specifically open soon. It's a tragedy in the making.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 3:01 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My son is not on th ees phone with freinds but he listens to things.

Praying that yeshivas specifically open soon. It's a tragedy in the making.

My ds is super with yashiva schedule. He was 9 in bed every night , so studious. But right now he is taking lots and lots of advantage, forgetting to go to sleep.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 3:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My ds is super with yashiva schedule. He was 9 in bed every night , so studious. But right now he is taking lots and lots of advantage, forgetting to go to sleep.

Yes I added to my post just to explain how much I understand you.

My son gets up at 4:30 on a typical day. Hes in bed by 8:45.

Now, he is still up. It's so heartbreaking.

I'm on his good side though. I'm trying to encourage him that he shouldn't be hard on himself because I know he will iyh go back to his normal schedule once things are normal again.

hana110582

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:18 am
My son 11 y old going to sleep at 3 am !!!! Every day and walk up at 12:00 pm he saying that he likes going to sleep late so we spoke with my husband and we told him that at 12 at night we will of the lights and he can stay like that if he wants so we off the lights by all house he was staying for a while but then he went to sleep at 1:00am so we working on this. Besides I have another 3 boys that going to sleep late but no more then11:00 so ..... That's the corona v. Break what we can do ah and sorry about my English it is not my L.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children