Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
At what age did u get engaged?
Previous  1  2

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:06 pm
Ok.
I got engaged by 18 and married 6 months later at the age of 19.
I took the bc pill as a kallah to regulate my irregular cycles.
It completely messed me up.
Now a year and a half in I'm working to get a regular cycle after the bc messed up my system.
Its not a usual thing but it's not unheard of.
Please do your research on bc before you take!!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 9:26 pm
Got engaged at 18 and married at age 19. I had a baby 14 months later. Think it would be a good idea to be on birth control before. This time never comes back!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 11:56 pm
I think it is very important. At least 3 months, even 6 months. I think it is even more important for a mother to educate her daughter to know it is an option, since from my experience most BY girls know what it is but don't know it's aloud (depending on what the reason is). I think a couple would be very appreciative if they discussed it and whether or not they decided to use bc is up to them as long as they know it is an option.

Engaged at 22, married at 23. I had to wait a year and a half for personal reasons and just went off.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 12:34 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Ok.
I got engaged by 18 and married 6 months later at the age of 19.
I took the bc pill as a kallah to regulate my irregular cycles.
It completely messed me up.
Now a year and a half in I'm working to get a regular cycle after the bc messed up my system.
Its not a usual thing but it's not unheard of.
Please do your research on bc before you take!!

It's maybe not usual but sadly quite common. Know of many who got messed up taking as a kalla or right after wedding. Yes, you got to do research

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:55 am
My KT made me feel guilty about wanting to be on BC for a few months. She didn't mention it to me, I brought it up.

It was more the fear of so much change in my life all at once. I went off BC 2 months after we got married. The anxiety was all in my head

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 2:26 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
It's maybe not usual but sadly quite common. Know of many who got messed up taking as a kalla or right after wedding. Yes, you got to do research

Yeah it's hard
Married a while and could count twice that I got a natural period after taking bc

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 2:44 am
I got engaged at 38. Until I was 33 I always planned to go on BC for at least the first 6 months of marriage. I have seen way to many friends and family get pregnant right away and it be detrimental to their relationships.
Due to my age we decided to start trying right away. I felt secure enough in my relationship and obviously my biological clock was ticking. It took 6 months to get pregnant and it was nice to have that time together. I was very very sick throughout my entire pregnancy and it would have been more difficult if that would have been our situation from the beginning.

I believe that all kallot should be told about BC and it should be suggested to start off marriage with BC for at least a few months but obviously everyone should be able to make their own decisions. But young women should be fully educated- you may have side effects, etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics