Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Three day anti body testing
Previous  1  2

ces

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:43 pm
member wrote:
I was told by a dr that if my antibodies come back positive I bezras H’ have no issue being around ppl that are contagious

I wonder how this can be true. You can have a positive antibody test and a positive covid test on the same day, showing you still have an active and contagious infection but have already developed some antibodies. Antibodies prove you had it, not that it's gone.

soap suds

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 3:11 pm
ces wrote:
I wonder how this can be true. You can have a positive antibody test and a positive covid test on the same day, showing you still have an active and contagious infection but have already developed some antibodies. Antibodies prove you had it, not that it's gone.

Perhaps she already tested negative for Covid. In that case, having the antibodies would indicate that she had it and is now immune.

momomany

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 4:46 pm
member wrote:
I was told by a dr that if my antibodies come back positive I bezras H’ have no issue being around ppl that are contagious

Please name the dr.

momomany

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 4:47 pm
member wrote:
It was actually an urgent care center with a top notch diagnostician who really knows his stuff so......

Top notch diagnostiicion
Urgent care center

Sort of an oxymoron
Name this dr for more credibility

sky

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:53 pm
WHO disagrees with the dr

“The World Health Organization is warning that people who have had Covid-19 are not necessarily immune by the presence of antibodies from getting the virus again.”

Additionally ppl have gotten it again. Most recently in Israel a man was sick. Had 2 negatives 24 hours apart and then got another positive later on.

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 3:40 am
ces wrote:

Sorry, my mistake, I left out the fact that if my antibodies come back positive AND my Corona test negative, then it’s no issue.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:58 am
PLEASE NOTE:

The presence of antibodies DOES NOT necessarily mean that you are immune to the COVID-19 virus.

The presence of antibodies DOES NOT mean that you are no longer contagious.

In addition, it may be possible to become re-infected with COVID-19 after all of the symptoms have gone away. There are multiple reports around the world of patients testing negative for the virus and then, at a later date, coming down with COVID-19 illness again.

Studies are now investigating the question of who is immune to the COVID-19 virus and therefore, will not get the illness again, but it is not yet known who is immune.

An antibody test that shows that you have antibodies is not a license of any sort to reduce COVID-19 precautions or social distancing. A person with antibodies may not be immune and may still be contagious.

If you have a special situation, please contact your physician for guidance.

We hope that Hashem will end this mageifa soon. In the interim, we await further research and medical guidance on how to reduce the restrictions and social distancing. May we merit to see the end of this pandemic soon and be able to join together as a community.

Daniel Roth MD,
Howard Lebowitz MD,
Reuven Shanik MD,
Jonathan Cohen MD,
Allen Lempel MD,
Dovid Friedman MD,
Dovid Ogun MD,
Daniel Lapidus MD,
Micah May MD, Shalom Aharon Fenster MD,
Yaacov Zamel MD,
Neal Gittleman MD,
Mordechai Tarlow MD,
Baruch Kassover MD,
Lawrence Shoner MD,
Yisrael Kadosh MD,
Jeffrey Kaminetzky MD,
Hillel Peltz DO.
Dr. Shimshi Zimmerman, Medical Director of Hatzolah of Central Jersey.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics