Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New COVID Cases In Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:10 am
Yesterday NY had officially almost 3500 newly diagnosed cases, does this scream herd immunity to you? Most still in NYC.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:22 am
We don't even know what "immunity" looks like, herd or otherwise.

Unless you are willing to get injected with live Corona, and then monitored daily for the next month, nobody is going to know.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow. Guess it’s safe to assume we already have herd immunity. According to most shitos... but of course everybody shud ask their LOR. Laugh

Most shittos? You means according to your completely unscientific poll. There is no evidence whatsoever to support your statement. Making decisions based on asking around among your social circle is just.... Can't really find an appropriate word there.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
On April 23, the NY NBC affiliate reported that Brooklyn had passed Queens to be the deadliest county in the US for Covid. Others still placed it second.

It’s not reasonable to believe that a scant 2 weeks later, Brooklyn is now as safe as rural North Dakota, with no new cases.

And yes, I know that Brooklyn is in Kings County. Just saying what the report says.

Right now it should be a lot safer than north Dakota, Gd forbid if someone carrying covid comes to north Dakota Can't Believe It theres fsure no herd immunity there..

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Right now it should be a lot safer than north Dakota, Gd forbid if someone carrying covid comes to north Dakota Can't Believe It theres fsure no herd immunity there..

There's no "herd immunity" in NY either.

We don't even know if you can get it twice. But we're nowhere near 90% of the population having had it.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:28 pm
I don't know how to link things with this phone but collive.com always has updates and they are trying to gather data on antibodies and on who had the virus and they are asking people from Crown Heights to complete a survey. They are not telling people to go back to their old life yet but they want some idea of what to expect when that happens.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Most shittos? You means according to your completely unscientific poll. There is no evidence whatsoever to support your statement. Making decisions based on asking around among your social circle is just.... Can't really find an appropriate word there.

Chill. It was said in jest and I never said I’m making any decisions according to this unscientific poll. It is simply interesting to me that I didn’t hear of any new cases in my community in Brooklyn in the past week and I’m grateful to Hashem for it. Now I’m sitting back and waiting for things to go back to normal. But this unscientific poll gave me some hope, and I hope it did the same for others as well!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:30 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
there are introverted imas here who are hyperventilating at the thought of going back to work... can you please stop posting these depressing theories? Cant we hold on to this covid world a bit longer? /s/

Btw I can totally relate. I’m an introvert as well and absolutely loving the lockdown. Although I don’t work I appreciate the no getting dressed up and out and meeting ppl these days. Some duties I just can’t get away with in normal times. Shopping, family get together, simchos.. while I pray for this to be over I’m loving Home sweet home. Now if only my kids wouldn’t be home all day with me ... Banging head

tweety1

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:58 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
On April 23, the NY NBC affiliate reported that Brooklyn had passed Queens to be the deadliest county in the US for Covid. Others still placed it second.

It’s not reasonable to believe that a scant 2 weeks later, Brooklyn is now as safe as rural North Dakota, with no new cases.

And yes, I know that Brooklyn is in Kings County. Just saying what the report says.

You couldn't have said it any better!!!

fleetwood

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:15 pm
Was at pediatrician today. There have been new cases in their practice.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:53 pm
I still haven’t heard of new cases in Brooklyn since pesach bh... anyone heard in the past wk? not talking about asymptomatic positive test results in doctors offices...

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I still haven’t heard of new cases in Brooklyn since pesach bh... anyone heard in the past wk? not talking about asymptomatic positive test results in doctors offices...

I'm assuming by Brooklyn you mean your neighborhood only?

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There were new symptomatic cases in Boro Park last week that I know of .

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I'm assuming by Brooklyn you mean your neighborhood only?

I mean the Jewish communities.
Boro park
Flatbush
Crown Heights
Williamsburg

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:36 pm
I live in a community close to Brooklyn and I don't know anyone who got it since Pesach. I know a ton of ppl who got it immediately after purim and it definitely went around for a few weeks. But since Pesach I have not heard of one local case among the many ppl I know. Just my own experience, not a study.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I live in a community close to Brooklyn and I don't know anyone who got it since Pesach. I know a ton of ppl who got it immediately after purim and it definitely went around for a few weeks. But since Pesach I have not heard of one local case among the many ppl I know. Just my own experience, not a study.

Same here and this is not in place of a scientific study.
Thanks for replying honestly. Some ppl are afraid to acknowledge that it might just be over in our area...

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Same here and this is not in place of a scientific study.
Thanks for replying honestly. Some ppl are afraid to acknowledge that it might just be over in our area...

Nope..as I said before..my doctor has seen new patients with covid( with symptoms).

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:39 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope..as I said before..my doctor has seen new patients with covid( with symptoms).

Ok thanks!

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:40 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Same
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics