Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood high school - chassidish. Need recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
A girl from Klausenberg BP is much more likely to come from an English speaking/black tights wearing/mom driving/mom not shaving home than a Viznitz girl, so it would obviously be way easier for her to acclimate to a Lakewood school. But
ok...I guess I get what you're saying. To some extent, you may be right.

And just fyi, many many Bobover girls are from open minded families, the schools have a great secular educational system, and many girls would easily fit in Bais Yaakov (of BP) High School, with black tights too. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm a BYHS graduate, went to Bobover mosdos camp (and didn't notice all that much of a difference between my family's hashkafos and those of my bunkmates), and send to a neutral chassidish BP school.

Bobov is a real mix. Though from OP's posts I get the gist that her daughter is from the more frum chassidish schools.
Klausenberg is a regular frum chassidish school.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
The other options are Satmer and Belz.
I know girls from very chassidish homes that stayed in their high school in Brooklyn and they go home for shabbos. You can't compare Bais Leah and Ateres Nechama to a typical chassidish Brooklyn school, and not everyone is ready to lower their standards. (Though I don't understand why they're moving to Lakewood in the first place.)

Sorry to detail thread
Maybe they have to move, the family grew and they can't afford a bigger place in Brooklyn

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Bobov is a real mix. Though from OP's posts I get the gist that her daughter is from the more frum chassidish schools.
Klausenberg is a regular frum chassidish school.

You're probably right. Probably something like Bais Tzipora (since it's probably not a school she actually named).

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:56 pm
A girl from Klausenberg BP is much more likely to come from an English speaking/black tights wearing/mom driving/mom not shaving home than a Viznitz girl, so it would obviously be way easier for her to acclimate to a Lakewood school. But
ok...I guess I get what you're saying. To some extent, you may be right.

And just fyi, many many Bobover girls are from open minded families, the schools have a great secular educational system, and many girls would easily fit in Bais Yaakov (of BP) High School, with black tights too. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm a BYHS graduate, went to Bobover mosdos camp (and didn't notice all that much of a difference between my family's hashkafos and those of my bunkmates), and send to a neutral chassidish BP school.

Bobov today and when you grew up are very different. I went to TD and would never send my children there. It has moved radically to the right, as has bobov.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:01 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Sorry to detail thread
Maybe they have to move, the family grew and they can't afford a bigger place in Brooklyn

You're right. But it's not fair to do this if the kids will suffer and not feel comfortable in schools. That's why there are chassidish girls that stayed in their current Brooklyn schools and traveling home to Lakewood for the weekend.
Monsey has more school options for chassidish families.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Bobov today and when you grew up are very different. I went to TD and would never send my children there. It has moved radically to the right, as has bobov.

I would equally send my kids to TD/Bobov/Bais Sarah/Klausenberg and others (to protect my identity), since I feel their hashkafos are similar to mine- superior education, some open-mindedness, alongside chassidish haskhkafah. One of the reasons why I did not choose Bobov is because I am not Bobov.

Sorry, OP, for derailing your thread. Hope our fine-tuning the school differences is helping you make a decision on Lakewood schools.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:07 pm
You're probably right. Probably something like Bais Tzipora (since it's probably not a school she actually named).

Yes, correct. Coming from that style school.
Not overly frumpy school, but yes chassidish .

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
You're right. But it's not fair to do this if the kids will suffer and not feel comfortable in schools. That's why there are chassidish girls that stayed in their current Brooklyn schools and traveling home to Lakewood for the weekend.
Monsey has more school options for chassidish families.

Monsey has many many more options. If they would be more ready to accept girls , life for many would be less complicated.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Monsey has many many more options. If they would be more ready to accept girls , life for many would be less complicated.

It is way way harder to get accepted to schools in Lakewood than in Monsey. It is hell getting accepted to schools in Lakewood.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:14 pm
I would equally send my kids to TD/Bobov/Bais Sarah/Klausenberg and others (to protect my identity), since I feel their hashkafos are similar to mine- superior education, some open-mindedness, alongside chassidish haskhkafah. One of the reasons why I did not choose Bobov is because I am not Bobov.

Sorry, OP, for derailing your thread. Hope our fine-tuning the school differences is helping you make a decision on Lakewood schools.

Yes, today these schools are very similar. While I send my dds to bais Rochel/Bais Leah in Lkwd, in BP I'd send to Bais Yaakov High School.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:22 pm

Thank you.
Not de railing every piece of information is needed to make this decision.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Yes, Bais Leah uses the litvish havara and many Yiddish subjects are taught by English-speaking teachers, unlike Ateres Nechama. There's more than one Belz girl in Bais Leah (the one you mention is your DD maybe?). In fact, to the poster that said Bais Leah isn't accepting Boro Park girls because its changing the school to BP chassidish, that information is incorrect. The owner accepts the highest bidder. Older Bais Rochel families are stuck sending there because it is the sister school to BR and most can't get into any other HS because of that. The environment has definitely changed, and not for the better. The more temimus'dik Lakewood chassidish girls are uncomfortable in both Bais Rochel and Bais Leah. The values have shifted noticeably.

Btw, the term "Belzer" is applied to any family moving here from BP even if they're not Belz. I guess because Belz came first but that's how they are referred to among the girls, even if they came from Tomer Devorah or Vien or anywhere else in BP.

One more thing. The Yiddish principal of Bais Leah is leaving so there will definitely be an attitude shift next year. I'm mentioning that in case you heard that parents are unhappy about the way they were treated. There's a chance that will change.

There we go again. Demeaning others in the name of "temimus'dik Lakewood".
"belzer". you make me cringe.
Are you uncomfortable with the demographic shifts of Lakewood and blaming chasidim?
I hear you saying "Oh no, Sephardic, modern litvish, and now chasidish."
LAKEWOOD IS LITTLE ISRAEL.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:28 pm
My question was unanswered..
Where do chassidish/ heimish families originally from BP and have daughters attending Bnos Penina send their daughters to for high school?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:49 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
My question was unanswered..
Where do chassidish/ heimish families originally from BP and have daughters attending Bnos Penina send their daughters to for high school?

This one is tough. Bnos Penina doesn't have the most amazing name (sorry!) so there are some high schools that won't take a girl from there even if she's the most amazing kid! Most Bnos Penina girls (current 9th graders) were accepted to Bnos Bais Yaakov and Bais Kaila despite not even applying there. I only know one Bnos Penina girl that got into a certain high school because her sibling was there.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:49 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
There we go again. Demeaning others in the name of "temimus'dik Lakewood".
"belzer". you make me cringe.
Are you uncomfortable with the demographic shifts of Lakewood and blaming chasidim?
I hear you saying "Oh no, Sephardic, modern litvish, and now chasidish."
LAKEWOOD IS LITTLE ISRAEL.

Where do you see demeaning others? This is her honest opinion based on her experience. I don't see anything demeaning written.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:15 am
Thanks.
Does Bais Leah not accept girls from Bnos Penina?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:56 pm
Anyone have the numbers from Bnos leah and ateres nechama please. t least let me try applying
Would you say Bnos bina is a considered a good school for elementary & matches this high school?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:16 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
This one is tough. Bnos Penina doesn't have the most amazing name (sorry!) so there are some high schools that won't take a girl from there even if she's the most amazing kid! Most Bnos Penina girls (current 9th graders) were accepted to Bnos Bais Yaakov and Bais Kaila despite not even applying there. I only know one Bnos Penina girl that got into a certain high school because her sibling was there.

Are communities really like that?
I couldn't imagine why G-D would close down the schools, but I think I just got my answer. (This is just my perspective for myself, before anyone jumps on me).
I don't live in Lakewood and I'm not planning to move there so I have no horse in this race, but what would Sara Shneirer think seeing something like this. Because even as an outsider, this was painful to read.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 4:07 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I couldn't imagine why G-D would close down the schools, but I think I just got my answer. (This is just my perspective for myself, before anyone jumps on me).
I don't live in Lakewood and I'm not planning to move there so I have no horse in this race, but what would Sara Shneirer think seeing something like this. Because even as an outsider, this was painful to read.

Seriously? You read an anonymous online post and you think you got your answer for why G-d closed down the schools?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Schools are not supposed to accept any girl that applies. They have a right to pick and choose.
I wouldn't send my kids to a school that accepts anyone that applies.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries