Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Contact tracers
Previous  1  2  3

HelloG

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:50 am
tweety1 wrote:
I read abt it but doesn't sound feasible to me. Cuz those ppl who were exposed expose others. So they now they have to trace the others too. Doesn't make any sense.

the people who are exposed aren't contagious immediately though, no?

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:53 am
Let them build me a second bathroom. It might be cheaper than the hotel/motel.

rae

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:57 am
It’s a actually a pretty sick brain twist.

“So, you want to be home, you want your kids to be home?? You don’t care about your children’s health?
You don’t care about society health? What kind of person are you that you’re not keeping your family safe? We’re willing to help you???? “

Laiya

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:24 pm
rae wrote:
Ok Laiya, I was actually relieved when I started reading. He starts off apologizing, but then said this;

“If I did do that, I am very sorry," he said. "That is an option. That is possible. If you become infected, you don’t want to stay in your home, you’re afraid that you’ll expose other people, we’ll work with you to find a place to stay. And, it’s likely to be a hotel of a motel. We will desire for you to have your own room in your place of residence and a bathroom that can be dedicated to just you. Now, not everyone is fortunate enough to have more than one bathroom, so we’ll work with you.”

I read it that he's saying if someone does not want to quarantine in their home, they'll have the hotel option if they would prefer that.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:28 pm
Ohio is hiring contact tracers, and it's being posted as a mostly work-from-home job, in case any imamothers are interested.

If people want faster reopening, then testing and contact tracing are going to be crucial components of doing it safely.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:29 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Contact tracing is not a new thing. It’s very standard procedure with any new outbreak or in this case, pandemic.

And it's done already in US. As soon as my test results came positive, I got a call from my county DOH and they asked me about my contacts for the past couple of weeks, notified each one of them and asked to self-quarantine for 2 weeks from the date of contact. They did not disclose my name to anyone they contacted. No did they enforced the quarantine in any way. They did call me couple of time to follow up to see how I'm doing.
This happened in the middle of March, so obviously the volume of Covid positive tests is much higher now so contact tracing is not possible without hiring more people.

Israel does this too. My cousin got a call that she was in the supermarket where an employee was tested positive and she was required to quarantine.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:31 pm
rae wrote:
It’s a actually a pretty sick brain twist.

“So, you want to be home, you want your kids to be home?? You don’t care about your children’s health?
You don’t care about society health? What kind of person are you that you’re not keeping your family safe? We’re willing to help you???? “

This whole thing feels like abuse and gaslighting ... I remember my first engagement. He isolated me from everyone. And told me that they're dangerous to the health of our relationship. And don't I want to us to be a successful couple? Don't I care about us?

Im a lot of ways this whole thing has brought up those old feelings.

soap suds

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:40 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Let them build me a second bathroom. It might be cheaper than the hotel/motel.

I like your way of thinking. If the higher ups can cash in on this pandemic for their political gain, I may as well get a second bathroom out of it.
Do you think I should go for a separate floor while I'm at it?

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:41 pm
soap suds wrote:
I like your way of thinking. If the higher ups can cash in on this pandemic for their political gain, I may as well get a second bathroom out of it.
Do you think I should go for a separate floor while I'm at it?

Yezzzzz good idea. I always wanted a guest suite.

soap suds

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
We had the health dept come do our test and we’re negative
Then my husband got it at work and was allowed back at work a week later then my daughter caught it from
Him no one ever checked to see if we were home the whole neighborhood had it and people were out anyway

They only made him stay away for one week? What's the logic in that?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:46 pm
Way too much power for some guy coming in with 20 hours worth of training....or for anyone else for that matter.
Too ambiguous, too much leeway.
Too much room for person bias or their judgement prevailing over yours which may be equal or better and you know your situation better than some random dude coming in.
Too much governmental overreach.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics