Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Floyd convicted of robbing and beating pregnant black woman
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

cbsp

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:34 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its an age old chant. I believe it references Dr. Martin Luther King's statement, "There can be no justice without peace and there can be no peace without justice." When King said it, it was a pacifist statement. I don't view it as a call to arms today. Or as a random commentator said in 2016 (and which I found in looking for someone more eloquent than me) "No justice no peace is a direction action and radical leftist chant. Direct action is the practice and theory that social and political change can only be achieved by intentional and meaningful action which opposes the system or individuals which are responsible. It's generally non-violent, that is to say disrupting peace does not necessitate violence, but there are exceptions. A good example of a peaceful direct action group would be Food Not Bombs, who serve food to the homeless."

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. I wonder if MLK borrowed the structure of that phraseology from Pirkei Avos (im ein Torah, ain derech eretz, etc)

So it's being chanted not as a threat but as a foregone conclusion of reality? (ie, there's already no peace because there's no justice)

Because honestly, with the juxtaposition of the rioters, it does sound like an unpeaceful statement to be making even without their group overtly looting and throwing molotov cocktails... Have they described what their "direct action" should be?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
He was accused of passing a bad $20 bill. He wasn't convicted. We don't know if he did it, or if he did it knowingly. I promise you that you have, at least once, passed a bad $20, unknowingly. According to the United States Department of Treasury, an estimated $70 million in counterfeit bills are in circulation.

Unless his rap sheet was tattooed to his forehead, or written on his shirt, you had to dig for it.

Oh so I know I also must’ve unknwoinGly beat Up a pregnant woman too. No it wasn’t digging to Find his rap sheet. When it’s that long it’s right there for everyone to see. Why won’t you just admit he was a bad guy who didn’t deserve murder but sure did deserve to be taken off the streets

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Wow you shoulda just stopped at doesn't matter if bad or good doesn't deserve death.

Unbelievable.

Just keep digging that hole.

You got no likes and we got a lot. So you’re in the minority opinion

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
So essentially what you are saying is, that since Jews were involved in a peaceful funeral, they were composed and therefore punishable. And since the protests are violent, they are awarded free reign.

Right? PC run amok leads to the most nonsensical stuff.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
There were no summons or arrests at the funeral we're discussing. One teen was arrested for pushing a cop at another, later funeral. No one was punished.

But yes, police did try to break it up, probably because it was deemed less volatile a situation. And because the City was at a very different place in terms of covid.

Did u miss how the mayor besmirched the chasidic community? Did he say a bad word like that against the most violent protesters? No of course not. He’s on their side especially his daughter is one of them

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:08 am
SixOfWands wrote:
So do you support a system in which police officers are entitled to judge who is worthy of life, and to kneel on the necks of those whom they deem unworthy for nearly 9 minutes?

And what makes you think that the officer who murdered Floyd, and those who stood by and watched, were aware of his criminal record?

What she is claiming is that according to George Floyd only some black lives matter.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:10 am
doodlesmom wrote:
What she is claiming is that according to George Floyd only some black lives matter.

So police officers get to decide who lives and who dies. Their own form of vigilante justice.

That's not the rule of law.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:16 am
SixOfWands wrote:
So police officers get to decide who lives and who dies. Their own form of vigilante justice.

Not at all. The police did something wrong he killed a man.
But this man that was killed obviously did not have a high regard for life of others since he beat a pregnant woman.
Hence the sarcastic quote not all black lives matter....

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:09 am
https://www.facebook.com/realC.....61345

Really worth watching!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:01 am
BLM is notoriously anti Semitic. Any poster here who thinks BLM actually cares about human life has it wrong. As you can see from their silence on Captain Dork and black on black crime, they don’t actually give a hoot about blacks.
As far as Jewish lives, the leaders of BLM are anti Israel and align themselves with organizations that want to annihilate the Jewish state.
In Los Angeles, the BLM “protests” (more like kristalnacht) resulted in shuls being desecrated with F*UCK JEWS and FREE PALESTINE graffitied all over Jewish buildings of both yeshivas and shuls. Jewish businesses were specifically targeted and destroyed.
Any Jewish person who supports BLM should know that BLM would NEVER stand up for you, doesn’t care about your life as a Jewish person and supports the enemies of the Jewish people. The anti semetism that is creeping up in the progressive left is worsening and showing its full ugly face. They aren’t your friends and they certainly don’t care about your life.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:29 am
I would say this; the Detroit riots of July 23, 1967, brought about such massive white flight that the city never recovered. They took their businesses, schools, jobs, places of worship, etc and left everything for the black community. Look where it is now. The schools are failing and are vast majority black students. The students most likely have few white or Jewish friends and the neighborhood is dangerous and run down. There has been some gentrification but that often excludes blacks. Urban blight is the order of the day.

I saw a WhatsApp yesterday that is circulating the frum community exhorting Jews to leave Brooklyn while they still can and go somewhere without Democrat leadership. Over the next decade, these boarded up NY communities will probably see a mass exodus of people fleeing NY and going somewhere rural or sparcely populated. The NRA will get lots of new members. Nobody wants to live with looters.
I will grant the looters this; many Confederate statues were removed either to prevent them from being destroyed or because they were being defaced and these vile monuments were protected by state laws of some very discriminatory states. I wish that the looters would have taken their anger out strictly on symbols of segregation.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:39 am
southernbubby wrote:
I would say this; the Detroit riots of July 23, 1967, brought about such massive white flight that the city never recovered. They took their businesses, schools, jobs, places of worship, etc and left everything for the black community. Look where it is now. The schools are failing and are vast majority black students. The students most likely have few white or Jewish friends and the neighborhood is dangerous and run down. There has been some gentrification but that often excludes blacks. Urban blight is the order of the day.

I saw a WhatsApp yesterday that is circulating the frum community exhorting Jews to leave Brooklyn while they still can and go somewhere without Democrat leadership. Over the next decade, these boarded up NY communities will probably see a mass exodus of people fleeing NY and going somewhere rural or sparcely populated. The NRA will get lots of new members. Nobody wants to live with looters.
I will grant the looters this; many Confederate statues were removed either to prevent them from being destroyed or because they were being defaced and these vile monuments were protected by state laws of some very discriminatory states. I wish that the looters would have taken their anger out strictly on symbols of segregation.

People in NY and NJ love when Jews move in en masse. The people in Jersey City were thrilled. Lakewood and Rockland love and cherish their Jews. Even in smaller cities, Jews are tolerated because they don’t make noise like those big city Jews.

CiCi

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:45 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/realCandaceOwens/videos/273957870461345

Really worth watching!

Wow! George Floyd did not deserve death but the making him into a hero is despicable.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:48 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
People in NY and NJ love when Jews move in en masse. The people in Jersey City were thrilled. Lakewood and Rockland love and cherish their Jews. Even in smaller cities, Jews are tolerated because they don’t make noise like those big city Jews.

Then they should be happy with segregation because probably whites of all types will move. They definitely won't be building desegregated communities although maybe those who took a knee in solidarity actually will. Let's see how long it lasts.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:05 am
Many good points, but to me the scariest part is the blatant attempt to keep this information from the public. Purpose omission of these facts show a clear intention of the media to control the narrative.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:11 am
SixOfWands wrote:

But when the real justice system decides you don’t respect their decisions. Your earlier posts about George Zimmerman’s conviction and OJs conviction proves it. You may not be Cvs a vigilante but you certainly don’t respect the law. As I said it’s anarchy. Anarchy is the term for people that don’t respect the law that don’t respect property rights or individual rights. We had an 8pm curfew last night and men couldn’t Daven with a minyan because of these anarchists. That’s infringing on individual and religious liberties. The law allows for and respects peaceful protests at this point in time.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:01 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
But when the real justice system decides you don’t respect their decisions. Your earlier posts about George Zimmerman’s conviction and OJs conviction proves it. You may not be Cvs a vigilante but you certainly don’t respect the law. As I said it’s anarchy. Anarchy is the term for people that don’t respect the law that don’t respect property rights or individual rights. We had an 8pm curfew last night and men couldn’t Daven with a minyan because of these anarchists. That’s infringing on individual and religious liberties. The law allows for and respects peaceful protests at this point in time.

Your conclusion is absurd.

Recognizing that the justice system makes mistakes does not mean that I don't respect the rule of law.

Based on your nasty and cowardly anonymous taunts, I'm guessing that you don't agree with everything that Cuomo has done. Does that make you an anarchist? Based on your definitions, it does. Indeed, it would make every single person here who has posted criticism of DiBlasio or Cuomo (or of Trump, of course), an "anarchist." They clearly are not.

Do you know who Lemrick Nelson is? He was acquitted of murder. Do you think that was just? If not, does that make you an anarchist? And what does that say of the federal government that subsequently tried and convicted him of a violation of civil rights.

The people who murdered Emmitt Till were found not guilty. Do you think that the verdict in that case was correct? Am I am anarchist for thinking that it was not? We actually know the verdict was wrong, as they later admitted that they killed him in an interview. Double jeopardy meant they could not be retried.

Do you know who Malcolm Alexander is? He served 38 years in prison for a crime that DNA evidence later proved he did not commit. Am I an anarchist because I wanted him released?

We need to improve the system. No question in my mind. But that is a far throw from wanting to overthrow it.

FTR, the government has specifically stated that people may attend minyan and mikah without violating the curfew. So you need to try again.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Your conclusion is absurd.

Recognizing that the justice system makes mistakes does not mean that I don't respect the rule of law.

Based on your nasty and cowardly anonymous taunts, I'm guessing that you don't agree with everything that Cuomo has done. Does that make you an anarchist? Based on your definitions, it does. Indeed, it would make every single person here who has posted criticism of DiBlasio or Cuomo (or of Trump, of course), an "anarchist." They clearly are not.

Do you know who Lemrick Nelson is? He was acquitted of murder. Do you think that was just? If not, does that make you an anarchist? And what does that say of the federal government that subsequently tried and convicted him of a violation of civil rights.

The people who murdered Emmitt Till were found not guilty. Do you think that the verdict in that case was correct? Am I am anarchist for thinking that it was not? We actually know the verdict was wrong, as they later admitted that they killed him in an interview. Double jeopardy meant they could not be retried.

Do you know who Malcolm Alexander is? He served 38 years in prison for a crime that DNA evidence later proved he did not commit. Am I an anarchist because I wanted him released?

We need to improve the system. No question in my mind. But that is a far throw from wanting to overthrow it.

FTR, the government has specifically stated that people may attend minyan and mikah without violating the curfew. So you need to try again.

I realize I don’t have all of the facts that the courts do and that I have personal bias. I don’t think that makes me a coward. I accept the courts ruling. Sentencing is a separate part from verdict. The courts are made of people. The courts aren’t unfortunately solely about guilty or not there are so many procedural rules that at times overshadow the guilty or not portion. Im not familiar with the case but the justice system allowed for Malcolm Alexander to present an argument to have the case retried and justice to be done. That seems to be lost on you. How is it you think you know the real truth of all of these cases you’re mentioning?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:17 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/f...../amp/

Why So Many Black Voters Are Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:23 pm
Op I was not referring to you. I have to post more clearly. I agree with everything you have written.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics