Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll. To send to daycamp in NY or not

Are you sending to daycamp in July (NY)
Definitely Yes  
 71%  [ 58 ]
Definitely No  
 16%  [ 13 ]
Undecided  
 12%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 81

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:36 pm
That is the question!
Decided to make a poll to tie together a few similar threads.
Meant for people living in NY and staying there for the summer.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:21 am
How about this.

How badly do you want normalcy, schools open in september?
The chances of normalcy and schools being open in september are higher if we tough out the summer and limit the mingling.
If everyone sends kids to daycamp, very nice that you "had your summer" but the risk for this craziness continuing come fall go up.

Want school in september or camp in the summer?

Not sending

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:51 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
How about this.

The chances of normalcy and schools being open in september are higher if we tough out the summer and limit the mingling.
If everyone sends kids to daycamp, very nice that you "had your summer" but the risk for this craziness continuing come fall go up.

Not sending

I want whatever they give now. No guarantees that skipping daycamp will have schools open in September and vice versa. No idea where you take this from. Definitely sending to daycamp God willing.

soap suds

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:58 am
How about this.

Not sending
How exactly does this logic work? If we stop it from spreading over the summer, it’ll just magically disappear come September?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:59 am
Wonder if they’ll do a full day teen program this year as well since camp is probably cancelled.

Stars

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 11:28 am
How about this.

Not sending

Nice to know there's still people with ruach hakodesh out there Banging head

I'm sending because it is absolutely necessary for my child (and me) right now. No I dont work. No thr exaxt reasons arent any of your business. will worry about September come September. There are zero guarantees either way.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 11:32 am
How about this.

Not sending

I actually think the opposite. I think each parent should decide whether or not to send, but if we don't demonstrate some ability to manage in a group environment when they can spend a lot of time outside and the staff tend to be lower risk, they may have less faith is allowing an indoor environment with bigger groups and higher risk teachers. And we have two months to have and manage a spike of some kind, including people abiding by necessary closures and quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:49 pm
Bump
I want to see more people in the poll to get a better picture.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump
I want to see more people in the poll to get a better picture.

To get a better picure of what? You posted upthread that you're definitely sending. So what do you need this data for exactly?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
To get a better picure of what? You posted upthread that you're definitely sending. So what do you need this data for exactly?

Oh just for curiosity to see if I should doubt my decision. If I’d see a large percentage by DEFINITELY NO I’d start wondering if I’m doing the right thing. So far I’m feeling comfortable with my decision but I’d love to get more in the poll.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:40 pm
Our pediatrician - well-known and respected in Flatbush - told us today that unless we and the kids have antibodies, we should not send to day camp this summer.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Our pediatrician - well-known and respected in Flatbush - told us today that unless we and the kids have antibodies, we should not send to day camp this summer.

Surprised with that ..my pediatrician who is Also well known in Flatbush said he’s fine with sending .. unless kid or parent Are in high risk group I fully agree and am happy he’s logical

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:33 am
Quote:
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Our pediatrician - well-known and respected in Flatbush - told us today that unless we and the kids have antibodies, we should not send to day camp this summer

amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Surprised with that ..my pediatrician who is Also well known in Flatbush said he’s fine with sending .. unless kid or parent Are in high risk group I fully agree and am happy he’s logical

...recommendations we got from infectious disease was families should not make any family/school/day camp decisions based on antibodies results
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics