Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Kids going to neighbour?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:53 am
My family think I am overcautious and over the top.

We live in the UK and I think I am one of the few young/no risk (40ish) family that is still very careful.
DH and kids are going mad with how careful I am and not letting them do everything.
I have parents over 70 and I still haven't been able to go near them or hug them.
Our neighbour has been very careful too and we sort of social distanced together. Meaning we let the kids play together and accepted if either family gets it, we both isolate for 2 weeks.
However now they stopped being careful (saying everyone gets it anyway). They have friends coming and some of their kids go to school (ours hasn't opened yet). Now I feel there is a more a risk with kids being in each other houses again. I told them they can play in the garden together, but because of the weather they want to go to each other houses.
What should I do?
DH is sort of careful, he accepts that my parents are a risk case and we need to be careful with them. he washes hands after work and goes to outdoor shul (which has nearly more men than an indoor shul).
Not sure he wears a mask when working, since he is just passing people. He now says that no one is careful anymore and I am the only one with no actual reason that still going over the top with being careful.
His thoughts, wash hands everyone you come in or out the house and don't cough or sneeze near people. He has been giving up and thinks I should continue let the kids go to that neighbour.

What should I do and say?

twizzlers1

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:56 am
We are in Israel and the kids are back in school. We have finally started getting together with other people. It's been months and we just could not continue anymore. We wear masks when we're supposed to then follow the rules but it doesn't seem like there's an end in sight and we have to live.

Success10

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:58 am
This might be going on for a while. I agree you should not visit your parents, and only leave packages by the door. But otherwise, people are losing their sanity. You can also ask your family Rav what he holds.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:15 am
I also live in UK and most of my kids are back in school (some twice a week and some full days )
Their schools are 100% legal . Legal ages. Up to 15 kids per class .
In the beginning we also kept our children isolated and didnt even let them play outside with neighbours (we are very lucky with the weather bh )
But by now EVERYONE is outside. On every road u go u see kids playing together .
Everyone on wheels .
We have to daven to hashem to keep us safe and sane

s c

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:04 am
Im also in the UK. I think the kehilla was hit hard after Purim and most people I know think they had it. BH there dont seem to be new cases coming and it's time to relax . Kids are going back to school and people to work. Its unrealistic to stay in lockdown mentality forever. Agreed, vulnerable people should continue to be cautious and we should all continue to wash our hands etc but thats about it. At the moment my kids meet up with their friends outdoors but even that I will relax soon I think, especially since schools are reopening and all the kids are mixing anyway. I have antibodies and my husband doesnt but he is also more relaxed about it now

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:04 am
So challenging!

hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:24 am
Most people I know aren't having friends yet indoors, only meeting up outdoors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics