Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
WWYD - should I tell my child to quit?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A family member got us a copy of the latest state guidelines that are given to camps and yes - staff wearing masks when dealing with kids is a requirement.

We suggested to our child that this fact could be brought up (tactfully) to a higher-up's attention, but the child figures they'll either get yelled at or fired Sad

Seriously, the first time the health department walks in there, that's going to be the end of that Sad And yes, our child knows that's a possibility.

We are considering reaching out to the camp ourselves, but I'm not even sure where to start with that one. The child's division head isn't even wearing a mask! And the higher up I go the greater the number of people who might get in trouble, which is definitely not my goal...

I don’t think at this point your concern should be who’s getting in trouble! Those people aren’t following the medical advice and what the rules are! You should only contact the highest person you can, whoever is in charge of the entire camp, not a head counselor, etc. That is who u,timatrky has to lay down the rules and ensure they’re enforced! Your child’s health, the health of your family, and every other camper and their families’ health is at risk!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:13 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I think it has to do with what was discussed at the meeting when she was hired. Was she told that they'll stick to the guidelines? If yes she can quit. I dunno if I'd quit though. If it wasn't spoken abt then for sure don't quit. It's not responsible.

And if it wasn’t specifically discussed, but it’s in the rules and guidelines, that makes it safer for the child to stay working there?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics