Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
White Skirt Alert
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I think you mean “bothering” by nothing? It bothers me because although it wasn’t me, (the only white skirt I own is long and tiered and oh so tznius), I loathe it when other women make comments about other people’s clothing, even if they think they are helping them. I am a big believer in wearing what makes you feel good, even if other women wag their tongues. I have overheard women in Shul talking about other women’s clothing and it bothered me so much I no longer attend Shul. Obviously I am in a minority here so I will bow out gracefully.

You’re assuming the person wearing the skirt knows her cellulite is showing and did it on purpose. I believe she doesn’t.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:42 pm
Am I the only one here trying to understand how after reading 5 pages how it’s possible for cellulite to show under a skirt? Was her skin showing? What Scratching Head

little neshamala

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:43 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Yes, I would rather not know. Especially if I have dressed that way on purpose.

Who in the world, frum or not frum, Jewish or not, would purposely dress in a way that would show off cellulite??
Cellulite??!!
Cmon, lets be honest with ourselves here

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I do dress Tznius and in a respectful way. Not sure what qualifies as “normal” here but I am a frum woman, no matter what you consider. I did not say I purposely show off my butt, just that I don’t feel compelled to hide it just because it is big.

Some women on Imamother wear pants. Do you not consider them frum women? They are frum women allowed on this site as much as you - community dress codes vary.

No frum community condones wearing pants. Rabbi Mansour said at a Shiur, yes I was there and heard it straight from him, that he has to be honest and the way a lot of women in the community dress is not good and it’s against Halacha. There’s a difference between deciding you don’t care about Halacha and you wear what you want, and saying some frum people hold pants aren’t assur. It’s assur and everyone knows it
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics