Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
New invention that will take the world by storm!
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:46 am
Many Chasidish schools don't allow girls to have text messaging.
Maybe have a woman be in charge of calling and sending girls.
She should get paid for the service.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Aug 04 2020, 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

#Happymom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:49 am
Oy!! But that would take waaay too long... this was meant to be so instant....!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:57 am
Tefilla works best for instant

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:11 am
Sounds unrealistic.
You can't expect teen girls to be like volunteer EMTs ready to drop everything on a moment's notice and literally run out the door.
I can't imagine their parents would be ok with this. I wouldn't be.

#Happymom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:12 am
No, the girls can log in when they have some spare time, no need to drop everything and run

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:14 am
I still think it's extremely unrealistic. And would be very time limited. Nobody wants their daughter running out the door during the dinner hour or once it starts getting dark.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:36 am
I'm trying to think of how the logistics would work...

Like others have said, you will need to find a lot of girls to sign up in order for this app to work. Maybe start off with it being a school project in a bunch of schools in different areas "as a trial", and then at the end of the year, you can offer all the students the option of continuing and being paid for their time.

As far as students not having phones, maybe you can offer a discounted price for a filtered phone that only has this app installed.

My question is how you as the app maker would get any money. Will there be a membership fee for the mothers? Ads?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:42 am
Huge liability for the schools. Can they vouch for all the mothers signing up for this? How do they know the girls aren't going into a possibly unsafe or unsavory home situation? What if the girls arrive and are asked to do something they feel uncomfortable with? What sorts of tasks are involved? Etc.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:51 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Huge liability for the schools. Can they vouch for all the mothers signing up for this? How do they know the girls aren't going into a possibly unsafe or unsavory home situation? What if the girls arrive and are asked to do something they feel uncomfortable with? What sorts of tasks are involved? Etc.

I think OP said the mothers would type what the task is in the initial message.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:55 am
I like the idea but I’m afraid it’s not practical. I wouldn’t want my daughter running off to a random home off an app. Not safe. We live in crazy times.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 1:58 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I think OP said the mothers would type what the task is in the initial message.

Any way you slice it, it's a liability for the schools. I think it's just a matter of time actually until the required chessed programs are ended. Because you just need one bad situation to get reported. And If it's under the school's auspices, it's their responsibility at the end of the day.
Btw, if the task is something like, come change my kid's diaper, you aren't going to get too many girls rushing over. Certainly not for free.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:51 am
#Happymom wrote:
I know, was thinking the same.
So, what do you think?
Maybe they get paid at the end of a week/month? Maybe it goes towards something... I really not so sure, but zi just need this!☺

I get that you want some kind, helpful person to swoop in every second you need an extra pair of hands.

The incentive on your side is clear, but I don't think you've thought about the other side of this equation very much.

If you are really serious about this, you need to think of the user experience from the p.o.v. of the girls, not just the mothers who are on the receiving end of this service.

What's in it for these girls? Why would they want to use it? What need does this fill for them? What else is competing for their time and how will this be a better option?

#Happymom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:05 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I like the idea but I’m afraid it’s not practical. I wouldn’t want my daughter running off to a random home off an app. Not safe. We live in crazy times.

But thats why the app has a setting that you can choose who to recieve the notifications from. There will be a list of all the girls on the group, and all the mothers on the group, so your daughter can set the app that she will get notifications only from homes that you allow...

#Happymom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:10 am
DrMom wrote:
I get that you want some kind, helpful person to swoop in every second you need an extra pair of hands.

The incentive on your side is clear, but I don't think you've thought about the other side of this equation very much.

If you are really serious about this, you need to think of the user experience from the p.o.v. of the girls, not just the mothers who are on the receiving end of this service.

What's in it for these girls? Why would they want to use it? What need does this fill for them? What else is competing for their time and how will this be a better option?

Yup, I hear you. Good points. This app might never see light of day anyway, it's just a great fantasy☺ although maybe the minutes the girls spend, will be points to be redeemed at an icecream shop?

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:12 am
#Happymom wrote:
Yup, I hear you. Good points. This app might never see light of day anyway, it's just a great fantasy☺ although maybe the minutes the girls spend, will be points to be redeemed at an icecream shop?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea; just that the other side of the equation has not yet been seriously fleshed out.

Maybe talk to some high school girls and get some feedback.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:15 am
#Happymom wrote:
But thats why the app has a setting that you can choose who to recieve the notifications from. There will be a list of all the girls on the group, and all the mothers on the group, so your daughter can set the app that she will get notifications only from homes that you allow...

Oh alright. Let’s keep the fantasy going. Hope it works out!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics