Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I am opening a school in Bayswater-girls entering 5-8 grade
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:48 pm
Dd would thrive! Alas, we are not driving distance.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:51 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Dd would thrive! Alas, we are not driving distance.

I’ve already been asked by a few people if there will be a virtual option. If there is enough interest, we will definitely try to work something out!!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:53 pm
How many girls do you have enrolled ? Are there different teachers for each Grade and subject? Are there any rabbanim endorsing it?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
How many girls do you have enrolled ? Are there different teachers for each Grade and subject? Are there any rabbanim endorsing it?

So far there are two girls, my daughter and another, both going into 6th grade. Other people have reached out and asked questions, but no one else has committed yet. For now, there is one English teacher and one or two Hebrew teachers. Depending on the final product when school starts, we will determine if we need more teachers.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:11 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’ve already been asked by a few people if there will be a virtual option. If there is enough interest, we will definitely try to work something out!!

Thanks! But the reason dd would do well is because she learns best by working with people rather than just frontal teaching. And we have seen through experience that it doesn't work so well for her virtually.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Thanks! But the reason dd would do well is because she learns best by working with people rather than just frontal teaching. And we have seen through experience that it doesn't work so well for her virtually.

Got it. So the main medium for teaching will be in person, but not necessarily frontal learning. I don’t believe frontal learning is the most effective, and especially when you have so few people, and the teaching time is so short, frontal teaching is not ideal.
If you’d like, you can message me and we can discuss more, if that would be easier for you than posting here.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:12 pm
How can I find out more while staying anonymous?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
How can I find out more while staying anonymous?

You can ask questions here and I can do my best to answer them? Or you can email me and I will answer your questions that way.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:13 pm
Exactly how will the day look? How many days/week with what hours? Will teachers be hired for all subjects or will parents play a role in teaching? Who makes the educational and hashkafic decisions? Will it be an official school this year or considered homeschooling?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:38 pm
Exactly how will the day look? How many days/week with what hours? Will teachers be hired for all subjects or will parents play a role in teaching? Who makes the educational and hashkafic decisions? Will it be an official school this year or considered homeschooling?

School week will be Monday-Thursday, and Friday will be prep for shabbat. School hours will be 9:00-approximately 3:00 daily. There is a teacher hired for English, and I and another local woman will be the Hebrew teachers. Parents are more than welcome to join in when they are able and available. The educational decisions will be made by teachers, girls, and parents (at least right now while the school is small) and hashkafic decisions will be decided by rav Moshe Frisch, Unser whose guidance the school is being opened on the first place. It will be an official school.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:17 pm
It doesn't sound like the right fit for us. Hatzlochah! I hope you are successful.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:37 pm
It doesn't sound like the right fit for us. Hatzlochah! I hope you are successful.

Amen, you as well!! I hope you find something that is the right fit for your family.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children