Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Any medical knowledgeable people here that can help?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:16 pm
I took my 15 year old son for a covid test. They routinely take temperatures there. His temperature read 100.4. He said he was feeling fine and I believe him because he was acting fine and energetic. This was a week ago. I took his temperature a few more times and he always has a fever ranging between 100.1-100.3. He claims he feels perfect and he’s acting totally regular. Regular for him can be hyper, silly, energetic...
What could be the reason he has a fever??

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I took my 15 year old son for a covid test. They routinely take temperatures there. His temperature read 100.4. He said he was feeling fine and I believe him because he was acting fine and energetic. This was a week ago. I took his temperature a few more times and he always has a fever ranging between 100.1-100.3. He claims he feels perfect and he’s acting totally regular. Regular for him can be hyper, silly, energetic...
What could be the reason he has a fever??

In am not a medical expert but I’ve heard of people who’s average body temps are much higher than normal and it’s just how their body is. (Not like they have a fever every day.) maybe ask his doctor about it?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:26 pm
Unless you know he always runs like this, I would want to get a full workup with a pcp to rule out anything serious.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:43 pm
Actual fever is at above 100.4, so technically, he doesn't have a fever. That being said, it's a bit of a high temperature. I don't have answers; just pointing that out.

syaem

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:08 pm
The most common explanation is that he overheated and temperature was taken immediately after. If that’s not the case, take him to his pediatrician for a check-up and basic blood work to rule out a source of infection etc

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:10 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Actual fever is at above 100.4, so technically, he doesn't have a fever. That being said, it's a bit of a high temperature. I don't have answers; just pointing that out.

I know... and since his covid results were negative and he tested positive for antibodies I sent him back to school. He still says he feels fine!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:11 pm
syaem wrote:
The most common explanation is that he overheated and temperature was taken immediately after. If that’s not the case, take him to his pediatrician for a check-up and basic blood work to rule out a source of infection etc

He wasn’t overheated but now I’m wondering about the mask? Maybe that could attribute?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:20 pm
My guess is some minor underlying infection (could be as small as a toenail or UTI). Take him to the Dr for blood work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics