Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
After formula
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Any advice for this? My baby goes to sleep with a bottle of milk still and he’s 17 months

Slowly water it down until it's all water and then switch to a sippy cup.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 12:14 pm
So, by now your child does not need to be on any formula. You can switch to regular whole milk. Or if you don’t want milk you can do goat’s milk or plant-based milk.

There’s a family history of milk intolerance in my family, so my oldest was on goat’s milk for a year or two before I introduced regular cow‘s milk. My toddler loved goat’s milk & thrived on it. Also, milk was an important source of calories/protein for this kid because he was small for his age, wasn’t a good eater and really Really picky about foods.

My youngest, age 3 now, seems to have an intolerance to regular cow’s milk. So she just gets plant based milk options. Goat’s milk can get expensive & I didn’t feel like going this route again. I just rotate between ripple milk (pea protein), soy milk, almond milk and coconut milk. She gets whatever I happen to have open in the fridge and whatever is on sale at the store. Also, this kid is on the large side for her age & is a great eater, so I don’t have to worry about her calorie intake. As far as I’m concerned milk is just “flavored” water for this kid.

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 31 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Yes, medical needs are the only reason for formula past 15 months max.

I'm a big proponent of switch to whole milk on their first birthday. Lo and Behold, my kid had corona on her first birthday. We kept her on formula an extra 3 weeks until her digestive system re-regulated and she could eat more than formula and apple sauce without vomiting.
This mom said that there were no medical reasons for the formula, the baby just liked falling asleep with it.

I was responding to ff who was saying she babysat older kids on formula & hardly any food, maybe they had food intolerances.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics