Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is this for real? No quarantine after entering USA?????

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:14 am
My daughter is returning to NY next week. She is a US citizen but we live in one of the banned countries (Which includes now China, Iran, Schengen, UK and Ireland, and Brazil) From the CDC website it seems she doesn't even have to quarantine???? Just wear a mask and stay 6 feet away and wash hands. (things which literally every single person where I live is already doing) Does that make sense?

If so what the heck? Non us citizens from those countries can not even enter the USA at all. (unless they spend 2 weeks in a country not on that list) But being american confers upon one some magic ability not to spread the virus. Confused

No wonder your death rate is so high.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:22 am
Yes this has been the American dichotomy all along, that only foreigners possess the ability to spread the 'China virus'.

Hashem Yishmor.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:22 am
Yup. Its ridiculous.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:27 am
That new position from the CDC is federal. There may be stricter laws in your state.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:28 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
That new position from the CDC is federal. There may be stricter laws in your state.

It's not new. It's been like this the entire time. Returnees from abroad only need to quarantine if they don't possess American citizenship.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
It's not new. It's been like this the entire time. Returnees from abroad only need to quarantine if they don't possess American citizenship.

mmkay....it doesn't really change that this is federal, and states, cities, employers, etc. may have stricter rules, and one needs to consider how that applies to them.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:31 am

Are you sure about this? I know a couple who came, not Americans and no mention was made of quarantining. Maybe it depends where you come from?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:32 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:

What about NY? I can only find about travelers returning from other states, not countries. Confused

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:34 am

If you are not american and coming from the banned countries, you will not be allowed in at all.

If you not american and come from a non banned country, you don't have to quarantine either.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about NY? I can only find about travelers returning from other states, not countries. Confused

Good question. Maybe it's worth calling the DOH.

It's probably prudent to have her quarantine anyways.

I have a feeling NYS may modify their travel advisory in the upcoming days if they cannot rely on international travel controls at the federal level.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 4:03 am
So confusing. My daughter got into the USA, she asked if she had to quarantine and was told no - just stay away from crowds. Meanwhile I have heard of people entering from other red list countries who have been told they need to quarantine and if they are not at their given address they will be given $10000 fine. And people came round to check!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics