Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you have a child in sem or yeshiva in Israel?
Previous  1  2

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 9:38 pm
My dd is still in bidud and shes doing fine. She didnt go blindly, we asked the seminary a lot of questions and then made an informed decision. It was a hard decision to make, but she went in knowing exactly what to expect.

It's also the parents responsibility to know whats best for their kid and not send a kid who cant handle bidud or lockdown away from home. If a kid left bidud, Im sure its not the first time they didnt obey the rules.

I have a dd who has a lot of anxiety, Im glad she wasnt the one going this year because I would have had to keep her home. I dont think she could handle bidud.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Sep 12 2020, 9:48 pm
I am so happy that DD decided to skip going this year. Her best friend who did go is miserable and wants to come home Sad

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:56 am
DS is in yeshiva in Israel as are almost all of his friends. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Bidud wasn't a big deal. They aren't thrilled about the upcoming lockdown but they are contrasting their situation with the alternative: doing college online from their bedrooms. They all agree that they are better off this way. The parents are also happy they made this choice because in the alternative scenario we'd be paying $75K for the online college experience.

When I spoke to DS on Friday he told me that what most upset him about the upcoming lockdown was that it would probably mean there would be much less learning going on for quite a while. (Not clear whether teaching can take place but certainly not in the Beit Midrash; also most rabbanim don't live on campus.) That's what he's upset about. He tells me he has never loved learning Gemara the way he does now. That sentiment alone is enough to thrill me and reassures me that we made the right decision to send him.

Am I worried? Of course I am. That's my job. And if things get worse ch"v, who knows whether Americans will even be allowed to stay. But for now no regrets at all. I'm just davening that the country and the world are able to prevail over corona very soon.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:35 am
If all else fails I’ve seen an ad fit a service that provides everything people in bidud May need. The service is in English and primary target clientele is people in isolation hotels.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:42 am
Gobidud.com
Bidud = isolation/quarantine

Success10

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:44 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I am so happy that DD decided to skip going this year. Her best friend who did go is miserable and wants to come home Sad

Many girls are miserable the first couple of weeks. It's often just normal homesickness and adjustment. I'm hoping both girls feel secure in their choices for the year as things settle in.

s c

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:45 am
If you find a good online delivery service please can you post it. My daughter also needs and her sem havent sorted anything out for them yet

israel22

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:19 am
https://www.supermishloach.co.il/ u can switch site to english
https://www.lamehadrin.co.il/p......aspx

both u can see the hecshirim clearly and both easy to order from!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:29 am
My DD is out of bidud and on a huge 9 day tiyul of the whole country. They had a wonderful time camping out over Shabbos.

She made good friends with her bidud buddies, and has been having a great time. During bidud, they were busy learning and getting to know each other, and faced little challenges, like ordering online, which in the end they decided was too expensive, together.

The shutdown will create some challenges, but her sem is taking great care of them.

I'm so glad she's there, and be"H think that this year will be an experience she will always remember with appreciation.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:42 am
israel22 wrote:
https://www.supermishloach.co.il/ u can switch site to english
https://www.lamehadrin.co.il/p......aspx

both u can see the hecshirim clearly and both easy to order from!

Is there a minimum to order from these stores? What do they charge for delivery?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:58 pm
Some sems planning to open after yom tov.... I wonder if they will now be able to.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics