Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
If your dh hasn’t been in shul since March, what’s the plan?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 3:02 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
What could possibly be halachically wrong about someone sitting right outside shul, so that they can still hear everything but just not actually be inside????

well then too bad for people who cannot enter... should they be home

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If your dh hasn’t been in shul since March, what’s the plan for Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur?

(Please only respond if that’s the case, & not make this political ..)

Davening at home.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:12 pm
We will be davening at home and hearing shofar at an outdoor, masked and SD blowing.
We are scared and nervous. We have many family members with preexisting conditions...

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:16 pm
B"H we have options for outdoors preregistered minyans with SD and masks for those who want/need.

Wishing everyone a joyous meaningful healthy sweet Rosh Hashanah k'siva v'chasima tova!

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
B"H we have options for outdoors preregistered minyans with SD and masks for those who want/need.

Wishing everyone a joyous meaningful healthy sweet Rosh Hashanah k'siva v'chasima tova!

That's what we're doing.

If its too close, or we're otherwise concerned, we'll leave.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:30 pm
Neither of us have been since March. DH is planning to go to a minyan in a tent. We're hoping our shul has really planned out the numbers well and I guess if it seems too full to be safe he'll leave.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:58 am
I hope to hear from inside, as often, but if not dh will do for us

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:13 am
Just a question about outdoor minyonim. RH and YK are very long davening. If you are outdoors what do you do about bathrooms? What if it starts raining and you have a Sefer Torah out? And remember that the first day is Shabbos and if you aren’t in an eruv, you can’t carry things to Shul and home. I just don’t see that option working very well.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:37 am
Tzippy323 wrote:
Just a question about outdoor minyonim. RH and YK are very long davening. If you are outdoors what do you do about bathrooms? What if it starts raining and you have a Sefer Torah out? And remember that the first day is Shabbos and if you aren’t in an eruv, you can’t carry things to Shul and home. I just don’t see that option working very well.

The 2 large minyanim I know of near me -
One is a tent attached to a shul. You can daven inside or outside. The Torah will be read inside at the edge between the 2 areas. Bathrooms inside of shul in case ppl want. Masks are required in and out.
Second minyan is many large tents connected. Everyone is covered entire davening. They are having very experienced Baal tefillah and Baal Tokei who would like to daven outside I think it will be beautiful.

Our shul is business as usual.

essie14

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
We will be davening at home and hearing shofar at an outdoor, masked and SD blowing.
We are scared and nervous. We have many family members with preexisting conditions...

Same here. DH hasn't stepped foot into shul since parshat zachor. We are not risking our health.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 1:15 pm
Tzippy323 wrote:

I heard a rabbi speak in the mini interview after the daily moment of chizuk. I don't remember where he was from, but he was describing the smaller block minyanim that are being set up with a 20 minute break before mussaf to allow for bathroom visits. (Host should NOT allow others into the house.) Since the minyanim will effectively be block minyanim, it should be doable for the congregants if they need it at another time.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:28 pm
Tzippy323 wrote:

Ours are organized through shul. They are shortening the service by eliminating unnecessary piyutim (in consultation with Rabbeim). This is so they can accommodate multiple minyanim with social distancing. I imagine that also cuts down need for bathroom breaks if it's only a couple of hours.

etky

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 1:09 am
essie14 wrote:
Same here. DH hasn't stepped foot into shul since parshat zachor. We are not risking our health.

Same. Outdoor minyan since March.
There are also other solutions for hearing shofar for those who can't or don't want to come to davening inside the shul for whatever reason this year.
They will be having two rounds of shofar blowing in the early afternoon outside at the park next to the shul.
Those who are in quarantine or sick can sign up before chag and a shofar blower will come to their street to blow shofar and they can listen from their window.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:05 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Thanks!
I'm sorry about the Headlines video. I've looked and not found, maybe I should look harder.
I wonder if Dr. Wikler is available via email or otherwise.

I'm going to try to do some more digging. Maybe it wasn't Dr. Wikler, but I was so sure it was.

ETA: I think this is it! headlines podcast Sept. 1, 2018
https://www.listennotes.com/de.....DaYI/
at 1:01
I can get headlines on my phone but I'm listening to something else, and don't want to lose the connection. This was the first link my pc filter would allow me to open. I'm sure you can go straight to the actual headlines home page.

Thank You!
I look forward to listening to it.

Thank you all for responding.
I am going into this yom tov really calm about this, I am going to focus on making this yom tov just that - a happy day, focusing on our being happy as Jews and our love for Hashem and crowning Him, alongside the partner He gave me. no judging whatsoever. I will focus on the positive and I hope Hashem inscribes us in the Book of Life, Happiness, HEALTH & Shalom Bayis.

Thank You Again!

Shana Tova Umesuka! Heart

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:07 pm
Oure Rabbi had a zoom meeting regarding protocal at our shul. There will be three separate minyanim:
7:00 AM
9:00 AM
9:45 AM

Three separate outdoor locations on the shul property. No minyan will last longer than 3 hours on Sunday. Bathroom inside for URGENT use. There will be custodians available to clean bathrooms and sanitize.

The davening has been shortened and NO SOCIALIZING after davening. Rabbi asked that as a Kehilla we all wish each a Shanna Tova etc in one loud voice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur