Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need college advice from fellow PAs
Previous  1  2

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 12:33 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Not to completely derail this thread, but the data does include all medical schools, but even more importantly, you’re comparing apples and oranges. To get into PA school might be “harder” simply because there are less schools. But the level of the applicants isn’t comparable. A pre-med would almost certainly have the grades to get into PA school if they wanted (my husband personally advised many people who want to do something in medicine but don’t want to invest the time/money/sacrifices to become a full physician to go to PA school) but some (NOT all, but some) PA applicants are people who couldn’t get into medical school so this is the next best thing.

And sometimes they say things like “I’m basically a doctor” and I want to shake them with all my pent-up fury of massive medical school debt and 10+ years of residency and fellowship that’s STILL not finished. But I digress.

+1

you replied for me Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:58 pm
Thank you to everyone who responded!
Will definitely make a spreadsheet and see where we go from there. He would like to apply to places both in the tri state and out and see where he gets in. Definitely keeping our options open!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics